Bear walking upright like a human

Smarter than the average bearā€¦

2 Likes

for the love of all things holy, shoot your videos in landscape!

Yes, I was also thinking that walking upright might have the advantage of making the bear look more human and therefore better camouflaged in the environment. If you just got a glimpse of this guy out of the corner of your eye, you wouldnā€™t notice he was a bear. Just another person walking in the neighborhood.

The bear is upright. The camera frame is upright. How would a panoramic view have improved this clip whatsoever? Likewise with head & shoulders shots ā€” itā€™s called portrait mode because thatā€™s the orientation of a portrait.

This is Youtubeā€™s problem for not scaling the player to the dimensions of the video. Thatā€™s why you see black squares wasting >ā…” of the frame. Take it up with them.

1 Like

Why?

(see response to @Mel_Grubb)

Actually, all those folks who are annoyed with portrait-framed videos should take it up with the phone manufacturers for making cameras and video apps that are easier to hold and operate one-handed when held vertically.

2 Likes

Yes. This exactly. I rarely shoot video so I am almost certain that in a moment of ā€œOMG I need to record thisā€ Iā€™d end up holding my phone in the most comfortable and natural way.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.