Before Breitbart, new Trump campaign boss Bannon bullied people in Biosphere 2

Here’s some math:

(Bigot + Asshole) money + power = monster.

HTH.

1 Like

[quote=“kongjie, post:19, topic:84236”]
Bannon isn’t running for election, nor has he made, AFAIK, holier-than-thou type claims.[/quote]

Maybe if my patience were considerably less tested by this election (and the candidate in question were not the one who caused me to flunk those tests), I might actually agree.

But I can’t. If he were actually a competent/decent person, it might actually help. But he’s not.

My patience fails a lot these days. The coaching and one on one tutoring doesn’t seem to be helping. That’s why I need Internet-style medicine.

4 Likes

I was replying to a funny comment.

HTH

2 Likes

Me too. HTH?

Edited to Ask: do I really need to say LOL? I never bothered in the past.

1 Like

Are we supposed to read all of these assorted charges as “disqualifying”? Because Trump reads all of it as “qualifying perfectly”.

4 Likes

Oscar Valparaiso will fix this little disaster.

1 Like

So… he’s still pissed about Blaine dating Andie, eh? Clearly, he’s spent his life trying to get over it all and took it out on everyone else around him.

3 Likes

Well, if he also abused his wife, it seems likely that they weren’t the only two women he abused. Most of the men who are abusive to women have a long history of it.

5 Likes

For me, attacking someone’s “personal life” means attacking them for things that are really no one else’s business, like where they take their kids out for ice cream or what kinds of things they enjoy inserted into various bodily orifices.

If a guy beats his spouse or bullies people at work, that’s not “personal life” stuff. Especially when the person in question could potentially be an advisor for the next President of the United States.

13 Likes

?

6 Likes

Why? It speaks to his current behavior, it speaks to the people Trump surrounds himself with.

2 Likes

Silly… abusing women isn’t a REAL crime! Now crooked Hillary! She’s the REAL criminal! /s

12 Likes

It’s very odd how some people are making excuses for his life choices left and right.

2 Likes

But, but… it has not bearing on Trump’s campaign! /s

1 Like

Someone flew from Japan to Arizona just to warn people inside Biosphere 2 that Bannon was coming? That’s a damning little detail.

7 Likes

I guess my bottom line is that if the same criticism were leveled at someone working for my candidate of choice, I would think it is irrelevant. Twenty years–people can change. I would want the focus to be on the candidate; what she is saying; what her values are; what her proposals for foreign and domestic policy are, etc.

I concede that this choice says something about Trump’s own values but at this point Bannon is only running his campaign. I don’t want to focus on campaign managers.

1 Like

Who I hire says a lot about me, and who hires me says a lot about them. I understand your reluctance to assume, and that is a positive character trait for you. But in this particular case… Jebus… They are a fuckin piece of work.

6 Likes

Is this on Netflix yet? I feel it should be.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Yes, online criticisms of this bozo have gone over the top. Online criticisms usually do. The bigger point is that so many of the people Trump is choosing as advisors are rich, powerful bullies, assholes, and bigots. You can tell a man by the company he keeps.

However all these allegations, even if every one were true, will matter only to anti-Trump people. Trump, his friends, and a great number of his ardent supporters see things like wife-beating, harassing women, screwing underage girls, hassling minorities, etc. etc. as acceptable acts. Strong statements against Political Correctness. Proof of manhood. Assertions of traditional values.

2 Likes