Behold this wooden version of the Tesla Cybertruck

I thought this was the wooden version.

1 Like

The 311 (1959) had a certain charm. And a nice face!

2 Likes

Ooh, that’s very nice. It looks like it is going places and doing things.

3 Likes

It’s primarily the US and to a lesser degree Europe that has that issue. Asia has a substantial ultra-light automobile market. The US market is the most dysfunctional, dominated as it is by SUVs the literal size of WWII tanks, but safety regulations and usage (i.e. long commutes, long travel times for just grocery shopping) necessitate larger vehicles even outside the SUV segment of the market. Europe has a light automobile market that doesn’t (and can’t, legally) exist in the US - when the “Smart” car was brought over to the US, for example, it had to be made substantially larger, heavier and less fuel efficient to meet regulations. Those thousand-dollar Chinese electric micro-cars that go 25mph aren’t remotely street legal in the US (and are extremely unsafe, as they would be crushed to a paste in a collision with the average US car, the aforementioned SUV). They’re hugely popular in countries where most powered vehicles have traditionally been scooters, though.

3 Likes

It says something to me that you can accurately model the cyber truck with nothing but flat wooden planks. It’s as if Tesla gave the engineers the brief that they had to design the cyber truck in Minecraft. It’s like a low poly version of it car from the 80s. Weird, lazy, non-functional design.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.