Behold this wooden version of the Tesla Cybertruck

Originally published at: Behold this wooden version of the Tesla Cybertruck | Boing Boing

3 Likes

giphy (13)

10 Likes

Frankly, the wooden truck looks far better.

10 Likes

corgi senpai GIF

7 Likes

And it looks like it may actually, ya know… run.

5 Likes

links africar

7 Likes
2 Likes

I was hoping it would be a completely wooden vehicle like the WW2 Mosquito bomber, but it’s just a steel frame with plywood panels attached by magnets.

1 Like

I bet it wooden go very fast

Biy he really likes to install everything with a loud “clack” sound.

6 Likes

tenor

3 Likes

My Dad was trying to buy one of those back in the 80s; but then we had a few odd cars over the years.

These are not our actual cars, but these are the brands.

The Bond Mini Car had a kickstarted engine.

hqdefault

The Wartburg had a large bonnet with a tiny engine, with so much room you could get in and partially close the bonnet to work on the engine out of the rain.

2 Likes

How do magnets work? NOBODY KNOWS!!

1 Like

But Elmo is a super genius, engineer, visionary, highly educated, emerald mine trust fund baby who happened to be at the right place at the right time to develop, buy and/or fund tech created by himself and others.

His many successes can all be explained by his hard work and creative genus and not dumb luck.

3 Likes

I was thinking: it’s more functional, too. Not just because it actually runs, but it’s a low-power vehicle that doesn’t require a massive battery, so it’s more the kind of electric vehicle the world needs, not the monstrously expensive tanks that are actually getting made for the Western market…

3 Likes

685a33789f6b4e72

5 Likes

my little pony rimshot GIF

4 Likes

True - you can burn it.

3 Likes

hey now. teslas are known to burn quite well. and if this one burns it could be put by mere water

( fwiw: i hope it doesn’t. it’s a cool piece of art if nothing else )

5 Likes

I recall the three wheelers
saw the bubble car at a bowling alley in bexleyheath
were henry coopers brother was hanging… just for the starlight…

1 Like

This. We need more public transport and more golf-cart sized vehicles. Instead what much of the world is doing is getting ever heavier, ever bulkier cars that add nothing to the equation but a much worse efficiency (think rocket equation which applies to vehicles as well: more weight → more fuel, more fuel → more weight) and increased risk for anybody outside these tanks that people claim are “absolutely indispensable to move my ass around” these days.

3 Likes