Belarusian "sex expert" claims to have bombshell dirt about Trump-Russia connection

the pee tape is real

1 Like

Moose and Squirrel, much worse!

4 Likes

lifenews? is that related to that anti-abortion site?

Welcome to Boing Boing ariadne. I see you joined three days ago. And seem to really dig Trump, since that is all you post about (12 times).

6 Likes

I do dig Trump :slight_smile: But to be fair, I also posted on my hatred of Amazon’s in-home devices.

2 Likes

I can see why you’re a regular reader, then.

2 Likes

I disagree. Here’s why. I think it’s unfair to ask American workers to compete with workers in countries like China that don’t afford them adequate working conditions and labor protections. It’s exploiting and dehumanizing the workers in those countries. If steel workers in China were afforded similar labor protections, I would agree with you.

1 Like

I like the geek stuff. Not the political stuff.

China is unfair? Tell their mom. How did that work out?

that is fair.

2 Likes

I don’t consider the NYT and Washington Post (a corporate mouthpiece for Amazon) to be reputable news outlets. Economist FTW. Although the Economist too tends towards unfair coverage of Trump, which pisses me off from time to time.

That’s not what you’re showing. You would seem to be a fan of telling us not to believe our own eyes. You like the political stuff, just fine, and a certain flavor of it.

Hope you get a book deal.

7 Likes

Ah, but now that Trump and the GOP are busting unions and unburdening businesses from government regulation, American workers will be able to compete on a level playing field with the Chinese. They asked for the government to not protect them. Who are we to insist that it do so?

5 Likes

You might be correct, but I’m of the opinion that, 90% of the time, Hanlon’s Razor applies. We tend to overestimate the incidence of driving trollies because we cannot conceive of how people can sincerely disagree with us on ideological issues.

(it’s because they’re dumb)

9 Likes

Same here, but the Russian dopes always leave little tells no matter how good they are (this one wasn’t bad). In this case it was “he should leave the office,” plus the use of single instead of double quotes. Then there’s the Russia-related story “inspiring” the creation of a new account.

6 Likes

They’re both newbie accounts, probably run by the same handler.

1 Like

But don’t give out the details, they’ll update their cheat-sheets!
Fortunately there’s plenty of others.

3 Likes

Your “room with a view” is going to be the top floor in a psych ward if you continue down this path. Let me get this straight: Russia has identified that the key to destroying American society is infiltrating and spreading discord on…BoingBoing?

1 Like

You do realize that the tariffs will have almost no effect on China’s steel industry because they sell little steel to America? (They’re 11th on US imports or 2%.)

The largest exporter of steel to America is Canada, however, due to interlinked economies, Canada is also the largest US steel customer. Currently the US has a $2B/yr steel trade surplus with Canada.

If this tariff is put in place against Canadian imports, what do think will happen when Canada puts a similar tariff in place against American imports to Canada?

The US steel industry will lose its biggest customer, bu-bye more jobs, and the Canadian steel industry might see a large boost. (It’s not that simple because of the unholy mess this will do to both economies.)

Trump is too much of a wuss to do anything that will really hurt China. What happened to all that tough talk when he actually visited China? :cricket:

13 Likes

I did not realize that, but you’re correct. I still think the case should be made for encouraging steel production in the US, but the list of countries that we import steel from, and the percentages, is surprising.