Beloved MAGA "prophet" insists Trump's guilty verdict is fake news (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/31/beloved-maga-prophet-insists-trumps-guilty-verdict-is-fake-news-video.html

8 Likes

This I can believe. It just happens to exist in Harlan Crow’s accountant’s office.

34 Likes

In a video posted yesterday, Green stated that God had whispered in her ear about Trump’s innocence. “There will be no guilty verdict because there’s no crime,” God told her.

Always thought a historical compendium of ‘prophets’ whose big prophecy – typically the world will end on such-and-such a date – didn’t happen and what happened then, would be interesting. Were they able to keep their sucke… followers on track with “Whoops …didn’t carry the three” or did they revolt or disperse or find a new stupid thing to give all their worldly goods to…?

20 Likes

Trump was always a Great Disappointment.

26 Likes

Tell me again it isn’t a cult.

22 Likes

27 Likes

Well three of the letters in ‘cult’ match what I was thinking.

3 Likes

There have been a number of horrific mass deaths around such events. The Jonestown Massacre, for example. The Heaven’s Gate suicides. The Waco siege result was largely the fault of the federal authorities, but it could not have happened without the cultist mindset of the Branch Davidians.

6 Likes

Trumpism has infantilized his cult members to the point where they think that throwing a violent tantrum is the proper response to any opposition to their delusional worldview.

21 Likes

Come On Reaction GIF

15 Likes

Ooh! I love this game!

twister

10 Likes

Hey, IRS? We have a “prophet” over here who sure looks like she’s using her pulpit to violate the prohibition for 501(c)(3) organizations to “directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office”. If her “church” is claiming to be tax exempt, might it be time to take a closer look at that classification?

22 Likes

No there will not be green eggs and ham! No, not in a house, no, not with a mouse!

8 Likes

She calls her business “Julie Green Ministries”. That word, ministries, pretty much guarantees that there’s child molestation involved.

3 Likes

At the core of every Conspiracy Theory there is always a “kernel” of truth. If that ONE THING is true, then everything that is spun around it must also be true.

In this case there seems to be TWO “kernels” that she (and others) are clinging to:
1: Appeals have not been exhausted, therefore, blah blah blah… heat death of the universe.
2: “Technically” (according to several NY attorneys I have heard opine) he is not a “CONVICTED FELON” until Sentencing on July 11. Technically.

7 Likes

“Alternative facts” strikes again. This time, it’s personal. Again.

7 Likes

“You up?”

14 Likes

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

9 Likes

This is why you shouldn’t listen to gods from alternate dimensions.

7 Likes

Eventually they all confuse whispers from God with forgetting to remove their AirPods.

5 Likes