Belushi widow & Aykroyd produce Blues Brothers animated series

Absolutely true.

But paying the money did lead to that great comedic cross-cutting sequence with the Blues Brothers at the Tax Assessors office while scads and scads of "hut-hut"ing SWAT teams converge on them. :grinning:

Even more embarrassing in the realm of popular culture is that ā€œThe World According to Jimā€ lasted 8 seasons!
More than at least 3decent cult TV series combined!

1 Like

Tax clerk played by Steven Spielberg!

3 Likes

I have seen that film so many times and I never noticed!

Holy Shitsnacks!

Must rewatch Blues Brothers when I get home!

You get bonus points if you find Frank Oz as well.

3 Likes

Frank Oz I spotted early on. He is the clerk in the prison listing Jakeā€™s possessions. His face was far more distinctive than 1979 Spielberg.

Tons of cameos in that movie.

Major bonus points for naming the piano player outside Arethaā€™s soul food cafe. (hint: played ā€œBoom Boomā€ with John Lee Hooker in that scene)

2 Likes

Iā€™m at a loss, so Iā€™m going with Chuck Norris.

If there was one thing I could ask Landis about it would be about ā€œCheese Whiz guyā€. Iā€™m not sure what thatā€™s supposed to reveal about the characters or their relationship. I purchased a copy of the book Judith put together with the intent on finding anything out about him, but alas.

1 Like

I was going to guess Pinetop Perkins, but I had to look it up to make sure.

1 Like

Winner, winner - chicken dinner! One of my favorite bluesmen.

Another thing I didnā€™t know until I looked it up but John Landis himself played one of the state troopers in the mall chase scene.

3 Likes

He wasnā€™t with Steven Williams, was he in the car with ā€œbroken watchā€?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.