Ben Carson now blaming his own wife for the $31,000 dining set

Even if it becomes proven he is a soviet mole, the blue collar GOP base will still be ok with it cause Democrats BAD. End story.

1 Like

I wonder if one of these days, people will realize that the tyranny of the majority is not, well, a very good thing. And frankly letting idiots vote serves very little purpose.

Meanwhile, Mr. Carson hasn’t done a single thing about the homeless crisis or to provide affordable housing for the working class. He should have just bought a folding table at his local Costco and been happy with it. We just bought 4 nice chairs for our daughter’s apartment and paid less than $100 each. And then we donated $500 to the local homeless shelter.

8 Likes

He’s already in hot water after sending his son (who is also not a government employee) on a so-called listening tour on his behalf. Why not add even more questionable things to the list?

3 Likes

The thing is if his budget was truly not enough to buy new furniture (and it was truly necessary to replace it) it’s not like he couldn’t just - you know - ask Congress for some more money.

7 Likes

Meanwhile, a second of Carson’s senior staffers resigns on account of being an unabashed fraudster.

Joy had been running an opaque religious charity with Naved Jafry, a senior adviser to Joy at Hud, who previously resigned after the Guardian found he had exaggerated his biography and been repeatedly sued for alleged fraud.

Is anyone surprised to discover that they’re running a religious-themed scam?

6 Likes

That he didn’t follow the usual channels smacks of his knowing that there was no justification for the expense other than, I dunno, his not liking the colour of the old furniture or something equally stupid. Maybe the furniture store owner is the Carson’s secret dominatrx or love child or something?

7 Likes

I’ve only been married for 8 years, and I know not to throw my wife under the bus in public.

4 Likes

Not so much, no.

1 Like

either that or there is “something” different about Carson than almost every other Trump cabinet appointee… hmm… wonder what that difference is… that would cause him to be held to a different standard… hmmm…

2 Likes

That’s Honorable Dr. Carson to you, pal!

1 Like

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s his complete inexperience with not only Washington, but politics in general, and his expressed disinterest in not even being in the Cabinet. I’d say that holds him to a different standard than either someone with years of experience or someone who fought for their position for years.

Oh wait! Were you ham-fistedly trying to play the race card? Gosh, it went right over my head.

3 Likes

Leaning on your partner is a good practice. And an old one. Me and my wife often use each other as a scapegoat. Of course we’re haggling over used crap.

There’s NO way my wife is going to let me spend $20 on that. Will you take $10? Great. Let me see if she’ll let me spend $10.

She said $10 is too much, too.

Great $5 it is. Better yet, I don’t even have to get permission for $5!

2 Likes

lol, well, that too.

You mean the very organization which helped a poor Carson out of that poverty and into the lavish crazy grifter religious cult life he leads now? Fortunately HUD has helped far more people who didn’t turn out to be super-narrow specialization savants who couldn’t apply their brain power to more than one domain and are easily manipulated by whatever crazy bullshit plays to their “but, but I’m Wile E. Carsoty, Super. Genius!” ego.

He can be all the kinds of cult-crazy he wants on his own time. Broke federal law. Not just fire, fine and jail.

3 Likes

I’m surprised Carson didn’t say, “the wife…”

3 Likes

In my office the dining room and the conference room are the same thing. This room could get used more than once a day.

I actually think that’s a pretty good argument for having more restrained furniture. I’m also not crazy about the idea of fancy carved wood furniture in this brutalist building, but I haven’t seen the interiors.

1 Like

This administration has fired and not replaced many government workers. I’m going to go with, “He didn’t know any better”, because he didn’t consult with his second in command, who may not exist.

That doesn’t excuse his changing his story multiple times.

Yeah, well… just don’t overdo it.

1 Like