Best looking flask I've found

Espresso? Could be dangerous. I’m trying to think of things you would sip though…

Undiluted cold-drip coffee?

Edit: It would need to be something pretty intense to be drunk in sips rather than downed. Could probably make something sweet/citrusy/bitter depending on your preferred flavours that doesn’t rely on either heat or ice to make it palatable. Perhaps a cocoa-type drink flavoured with honey, spices and a dash of orange bitters. Like an intense chinotto thing.

2 Likes

Now that does sound good! I’ve never been a coffee drinker for the same reason I don’t drink alcohol: I really don’t like bitter flavors.

2 Likes

I use one for mouthwash when I check luggage…

Cool. Aromatic stuff like cardamom or or hot-spicy stuff would work in place of bitter.

Milk might not be a good idea for both souring and cleaning reasons, but I’d start by looking at some of the Aztec style cocoa recipes made with water and work from there. Most of them are pretty intense to start with and you could easily ramp up the sweetness. If you think of it as a aromatic tonic style of drink and less as a dessert cocoa, that might help.

2 Likes

Carrying a flask around in a state with open container laws? That strikes me as asking for trouble. Unless you’re on the end of the Pantone scale where police aren’t comfortable rousting you for no reason.

1 Like

Kombucha!

Ooh, Robitussin.

3 Likes

Gesundheit!

5 Likes

You can get a matching washing machine from V-Zug:

3 Likes

So what would you charge if, say, someone wanted to be your friend? :smiley:

1 Like

There’s a SNP for that! Seriously, there is an autosomal genetic marker which makes one much more sensitive to bitter taste. It was probably a life-saver in certain areas of the prehistoric world where much of the bitter stuff on or near the ground was poisonous…or where the local population had particularly active/curious toddlers.

3 Likes

Took me a moment. So, you use original containers for things like shampoo (or use the hotel’s) but mouthwash is the only liquid you use that doesn’t come in the right sized container to pack?

1 Like

Good flask, you slush.

3 Likes

Usually use the little travel sized items. Mouthwash trends to be too big or too small – the flask is just right and seems much more leak proof than plastic travel containers.

2 Likes

Of course, this means checking a bag. It is cheaper to just buy some mouthwash at your destination. Or, buy some powdered mouthwash in packets, which is a real thing.

Ya, that’s why I qualified it as when I am checking a bag…

Basic human decency, amusement, and a certain degree of humor. :grin:

2 Likes

Awww! And I’m out of likes, of course.

thats concealed carry i can get behind

1 Like