Best Mayo: Japanese Kewpie Mayonnaise

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/06/best-mayo-japanese-kewpie-may.html

9 Likes

Deja vu:

7 Likes

So good it needed to be said twice? :thinking:

Personally i detest mayo to its core and kewpie mayo is the least offensive of mayos.

6 Likes

Oooh I need one of those stands. Mine’s perched precariously in my fridge.

1 Like

Its because Kewpie doesn’t go bad and is loaded with wonderful, delicious, MSG

11 Likes

My wife makes a mayo that outshines ALL OTHERS!
[Disclaimer: I am not compensated in any way for the content of this message[

12 Likes

Here’s the unsolved problem with squeeze-bottles and upside down stands: you keep it in the refrigerator, yes? (of course you do!) So then you fetch it out and the air void at the bottom, now the top starts to heat-up/expand, the result upon wanting just a dab: air cannon mayo! mustard, ketchup, or (for choice) sriracha …

So invent the top, now the bottom, condiment relief valve (CRV) and instant billionare(!)

7 Likes

Essential for okonomiyaki.

11 Likes

Truth…

7 Likes

i can only confirm that this is the best mayo on the planet. even better than the one charles_cfaps’s wife makes, i am sure about that.

3 Likes

But you do get to eat the mayo!

5 Likes

My Kewpie bottle doesn’t have a void. It’s so flexible it empties not unlike like a toothpaste tube.

4 Likes

Dukes is the best.

5 Likes

here to jump on the pro-Kewpie train, and also to extoll the wonderfulness of the cap that Mark made. I have one, and it’s great. I will say that i accidentally broke it once (so far), but it glued together well and I haven’t had any trouble with it since.

3 Likes

My wife makes such great okonomiyaki. I am cursing the keto diet that is making her avoid it these days

4 Likes

Guilty as charged and happy about it!

3 Likes

Have you tried the karashi variety yet? If you see a kewpie bottle with a yellow cap I highly recommend it. They infuse it with japanese mustard(karashi) to give it a little bit more bite, and it’s absolutely terrific.

6 Likes

I’m with @Grey_Devil in my distaste for mayo. there is no “good” mayo, thus precludes any “best” mayo, IMO.
No. Just no. Sorry.

In my family we use cold bacon grease as a substitute for mayo on sandwiches.

4 Likes

You could be if you post the recipe!