Biden believes he's "on track to win this election"

I’m so tired. I’m tired of watching us travel down this path that we’ve been on most of my life now. Moving away from progress, rejecting social reforms that benefit the people, becoming meaner, nastier, greedier.

So. Fucking. Tired.

It hurts because everyone I love is a target now. The country I valued - one that really only existed in myth, never reality, but was a beautiful dream - is on the chopping block and is being cut to pieces. I’m so fucking tired of fighting and marching and screaming and voting until I’m hoarse to get people to listen, only to have them spit in my face while they vote for some of the worst pieces of trash we’ve ever produced.

I’m tired. And it’s an exhaustion that can’t be slaked by sleep. We got the numbers. We did what we were supposed to do, buried them in votes. And at best, we MAYBE can hope to still eke out a tiny victory from this if Biden manages to pull it out, but one that won’t amount to meaningful change with the GOP still in charge of the senate. And if he loses, which is every bit as likely at this point?

I’m tired, folks. To the bone, the core. Every inch of me.

37 Likes