Biden drops out of the race for President

It’s from 2019, it’s a campaign ad.

15 Likes

Not sure where this comes from then. :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

It’s still valid. Maybe just add “convicted felon” to the mix.

14 Likes

And sex predator could be updated to rapist.

12 Likes

She tweeted that yesterday evening, everyone is recalling Kamala’s tweet from 2019.

7 Likes

Trump: :mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

(according to Stormy Daniels)

12 Likes

It’s a weird thing for me to focus on but i blame listening to a recent episode of Oh No Ross and Carrie and how one should always question where quotes from prominent figures come from.

3 Likes

In this case just copying the text of the quote and searching for it would have turned up the source.

That’s what I did to find the original tweet.

1 Like

I thought i was going to the source (their tweet X feeds) but the date stamp on the screenshot threw me off, making it appear to be a recent posting.

ETA: Kamala Harris: ‘I know Donald Trump’s type’

Hmmm, I never heard of that rule for California and I’m a California voter. I know that you can’t run for two different offices at the same time.

As you know, Adam Schiff is currently running for a US Senate seat and he hasn’t resigned from his House position yet. I assume that he will complete his term and if he wins the US Senate seat, he will sworn in after the first of the year.

I have no idea about other states.

11 Likes

I misremembered. From the link I posted from Balletopedia:

Five states have resign-to-run laws — Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, and Texas.[1]

8 Likes

I did wonder about this when I first posted the tweet up top. “For-profit scam colleges” just sounded so milquetoast compared with the last five years…

7 Likes

Sounds quite informal but promising: Harris has enough delegates that have pledged to endorse her so that she can win the nomination.

14 Likes

from the heather cox richardson thread, there’s also this quote:

“Before I was elected as Vice President, before I was elected as United States Senator,” she said today, “I was the elected Attorney General, as I’ve mentioned, to California, and before that, I was a courtroom prosecutor. In those roles I took on perpetrators of all kinds. Predators who abused women. Fraudsters who ripped off consumers. Cheaters who broke the rules for their own gain. So hear me when I say I know Donald Trump’s type.”

( thanks, as always, to @milliefink for posting those )

12 Likes
6 Likes

12 Likes

Well, I am happily wrong so far. It looks promising.

6 Likes

Going by the historic projection and accusations in a mirror from Republicans, I can only assume that Trump is terminally ill.

22 Likes

Marge is tweeting Biden had a medical event and is nowhere to be found. She says they tried to kill trump. She wants to know who is running the country.

The comments under her tweet include the rumor he’s in hospice.

These people are horrible evil people.

15 Likes

MoRon killed the resign-to-run law in florida, overturned earlier this year so that he could make his ill-fated run for president and still be governor when he (inevitably) lost out.

14 Likes