Biden drops out of the race for President

Help help! She’s too popular! Somebody find us some one people are less enthusiastic about! - the atlantic

19 Likes

And there it is, the stupidest thing anyone has written in the last 24 hours. I thought it was the foot-stompers calling Biden’s decision a “coup,” or maybe even Manchin floating his turd balloon, but this one does it!

Graeme Wood looks at the pile of pre-written stories about how Democrats are tearing themselves apart that are now worthless…
But what if…what if Democrats having unanimity of purpose behind a popular choice, getting organized quickly and efficiently and raising shit tons of money is actually…a bad thing?
…by god Graeme you’ve done it again!

9 Likes

Maybe I’m overly pollyanna, but I just don’t see Robinson winning. He’s too out there.

I’m still wavering between this one and Aaron the Sore Kin’s call for Dems to nominate Romney. :thinking:

Edit: Which, I see, was so stupid he decided to take it back. :laughing:

17 Likes

29 Likes

I think the Atlantic article wins because it was written by someone who should have the background to understand why what he said is ridiculous.

The Wonkette write up was amusing, at least: Aaron Sorkin Sets Land Speed Record For Recanting 'Democrats Should Nominate Mitt Romney'

22 Likes

i do find that sign to be amusing.
i will add, pedantically, that in florida, that would be labeled a Silver Alert. we see them a lot.

25 Likes

ok but if an orange person has a silver alert out on 'em then it averages out to amber, the color of silver and orange… ish… just consider…

ETA: I did not get any color theory or art theory in my college education, just y’know thinkin’ out loud here

16 Likes

I’m reminded of an argument for Pete Buttigieg being that because he’s openly gay, he would bait the ugliness even more, making the GOP even more unlikable when they can’t control their bigotry. Rub it in their faces.

Me, I’m thinking less in tactical terms, but that whoever Kamala choses as her second in command will have to be someone we want to be president in 2032. Okay, maybe that’s more strategic than tactical, but the idea is the main merit is that person should be able to replace President Harris if something happens to her.

That said, I am proud that the Democrats have such a deep bench of talent that can fit this role. I think whoever she picks as her Number One, the Riker to her Picard, I will be happy.

7 Likes

Age 78.

10 Likes

(yet, of course, we prefer the heightened age reminder …now [wink])

17 Likes

It’s contrariness for the sake of ad sales and luring rubes into buying subscriptions, under the guise of being The Smarter Than You Guys That You Should Read.

I mean, it’s why Aaron Sorkin pushed out his Mitt Romney for the Democrats idea, not because he wants it to happen but because he craves attention.

7 Likes

Harris: :coconut: :coconut: :coconut: :coconut:
Trump: :eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant:

1 Like

Like a sudden gaping chasm.

9 Likes

21 Likes

21 Likes

Nah, that’s still Sorkin floating Romney…

ETA: @milliefink

10 Likes

Why can i not find this tweet on her feed? Same goes for Mary Trump’s tweet about this tweet since her latest one appears to be from March? Disclaimer: i have never had a twitter account and try not to visit that infested place since it became X and Muskrat seems to be making the place as difficult and opaque to use as possible.

4 Likes

The tweet is from 2019.

14 Likes

Ohhh… well, that changes the context of it somewhat. Thanks.

6 Likes