Biden elected president

More specifically I believe it’s:

Kill the poor, not the unborn

(spotted in Factsheet 5 about 30 years ago)

9 Likes

Fox News: check
John Yoo: check
Amy Coney Barrett: check

2 Likes

A thought about how the peaceful transition of power happens from this point forward:

Trump will rant and rave about the injustices for weeks to come. At some point, it will be so much, that Pence and the Cabinet invoke the 25th Amendment. On his way out the door, Pence pardons all of Trump’s crimes while President, meaning that the peaceful transition of power can be accomplished, and the American people can move forward.

It’ll be completely frustrating that the crimes will not be properly investigated or prosecuted, but the country will be able to move forward.

1 Like

Perhaps, but they need to flip, what, three states or throw the election to the House? That would probably require quite a few political suicides to get there, or a major intervention by the Supreme Court, which they’ll be reluctant to do.

At some point enlightened selfish interest is going to kick in: “Okay, we’ve stacked the court, we still probably have the Senate, so we can paralyze the government, blame them for inaction, and start coming back in 2022. You know, I never really liked Trump that much…”

They’ll give it a try, but I don’t know if they’ll choose Trump as their hill to die on.

4 Likes

Sorry to interrupt your fantasy, but Pence can’t pardon 45 for state crimes, only federal ones.

18 Likes

I think this is highly plausible as a second or third-tier contingency in trump’s mind. However, at this point we can only assume there will be federal charges. We know there are numerous state charges pending. Pence can’t do shit about that.

However, some news that came out during all of this madness is pretty fun reading…

ETA: Ach, @Melizmatic beat me to it while I was digging up that link. I concede.

14 Likes

And they 100% believe it. It’s bizarre.

This is the crux of the problem, I think. The fact that they are living in an alternate reality makes it impossible to reason with them about anything at all. My wife’s family is full of Trump supporters, and it’s torn the family apart. There has always been tension between their Republican beliefs and my wife’s immediate family’s Democratic beliefs, but it was still possible to have reasonable discussions about policy differences. When Trump was still vying for the nomination in 2016, they were against him and even (gasp) entertained the idea of just sitting out (because there was no way they’d ever vote for Hillary Clinton after years of listening to Rush Limbaugh and watching Fox News). But at some point between the end of the primary elections and the general election, they went all in on Trump, and with each heinous act of his they’d double down. They’re just straight up fascists now. It’s sad, and I can’t see any way of bringing them back into reality. Facts don’t matter - they’ve got their own.

8 Likes

I suspect that the rest of Trump’s mental energy from this point out will be dedicated to staying out of jail and maintaining his family business.

6 Likes

i was listening to some men from 538 talk about georgia on the radio. nobody, including the interviewer, mentioned abrams.

it’s going to take some work to get all the primarily white male pundits and pollsters to recognize her and the work she did.

they should all be talking hypotheticals right now about what would have happened if the governor’s race hadn’t been stolen from her… and not the suburban urban working class divides

11 Likes

State charges will not touch on the most egregious issues, so it’s a consolation prize.

1 Like

" Speaking at a press conference, Philadelphia mayor Jim Kenney was asked for his response to Trump’s baseless accusations of voter fraud in the city.

Kenney replied, “I think what the president needs to do is, frankly, put his big boy pants on. He needs to acknowledge the fact that he has lost, and he needs to congratulate the winner.”"

20 Likes

I would only advise the moving company that takes dRumph’s stuff out of the WH, to get paid in advance.

6 Likes

Well, if it means they have to work around a chalked outline of a fat male body, I’m good with that.

2 Likes

Good to see this crew is still onboard.

7 Likes

me too. the only thing that’s given me pause is the potential for violence over these counts. so far ( most ) people seem to be able to read the writing on the wall though. ( thank goodness. )

2 Likes

Any winning lottery predictions in that crystal ball of yours?

11 Likes

Even that is not universally true for Catholics. My mom was bullied into going through with her teen pregnancy by my Catholic grandparents but they still voted Democrat and taught me that abortion was not an appropriate issue for the law to dictate, it was one of conscious.

They had no guilt about voting left and taught me that voting conservative was generally a much less christian choice based on public welfare.

10 Likes

I’ve also been waiting until the calling of the election to post this clip from Trump’s Favorite Movie:

In never ceases to amaze me that Trump would (repeatedly) claim this film as his favorite, but be completely unable to understand its meaning.

9 Likes

I was very worried about that from the moment he was elected until about August. What I began seeing was how trump squandered any goodwill he may have among the federal and state agencies that may be willing to stage a coup on his behalf when prompted by the “militias”. I think his utter disregard of the Secret Service was most egregious among the people at that level of government and they noticed. Add into that his abuse of the USPS, CIA, FBI, DHS, Joint Chiefs and just about every other credible agency (I use credible to describe government employee’s perception, no more). Busting those fools plotting against Whitmer was a real shock, I think. They assume that those agencies are generally on their side.

Once you lose that, the boogaloos, proud boys and klan all look around and just see a bunch of overweight, untrained louts with guns that, while big and mean looking, stand zero chance against history’s largest and most heavily-armed military. We’ll see, but at this point I’d be surprised if anyone has the will for more than a few stochastic incidents here and there and maybe mailing baby powder to Pelosi.

8 Likes

While I really don’t want to see us (collectively) going down the path of “they did it, so we’ll do it too,” there seems to be some recent precedent of appointing “acting” secretaries. (More likely, that these indefinite temporary appointments will suddenly run afoul of tradition and/or the law, again)

2 Likes