Biden elected president

And Obama, really. We shouldn’t forget.

7 Likes

I totally get that. No one should bet against a politician’s thirst for adoration and power. Especially in the modern GOP. It goes country < party < me.

4 Likes

Weathering storms?

That’s what Charleston boys DO.

And Raegan.

It’s almost like there’s a common trend here in the people that have run America for decades.

5 Likes

Very true!

Hope you and yours are doing well, loads of love from this side of the Atlantic, pity y’all couldn’t kick that smarmy chicken hawk to the curb… soon though! you:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Similarly it will be somewhat disheartening if Trump gets convicted of a crime he could and should have been prosecuted for years ago.

If the SDNY only prosecutes him now when they should have years ago, their failure to hold the rich and powerful accountable to the law will have caused a lot of needless suffering and damage.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing that in MD. (Previously)

2 Likes

Just sayin

California Sen. Kamala Harris will make history as the first woman of color to serve as vice president, but a Native American lawmaker was elected to the office in the 1920s, [as] Herbert Hoover’s vice president in the 1928 presidential election, the first and only Native American to hold the nation’s second-highest office.

14 Likes

I’m ok with “First in a hundred years” vs “First.”. Doesn’t make much difference because the contrast is still:

9 Likes

I did not know that! Thanks!

8 Likes

More gold from the #TrumpMeltdown thread, a DonVenn:

27 Likes

There is an understanding (embodied in DoJ guidance but not in any law) that a sitting president cannot be indicted. I have no idea whether that interpretation is correct, but it exists and any prosecutor who decided to indict the president would need to present a strong argument that it is wrong.

1 Like
15 Likes

15 Likes

I believe the point is that Trump has been breaking the law for DECADES, and suffered no consequences because he was “rich”. He should have been in prison long before reaching the whitehouse.

14 Likes

Agreed. But if some of the charges he may be facing stem from well before he was President, I will withhold any high praise for the SDNY.

Thanks for articulating the point I was aiming for.

Not necessarily, see Lyndon LaD^HRouche in 1992 and the random federal prison inmate who got 41% of the vote in the 2012 Democratic primary IN WV

Heck, find a clip of Trump from the 80s… Yuge difference