Biden elected president

I also heard the President of the United States say that there was widespread voter fraud that will be remedied by the Supreme Court. Republican office holders are having some feelings today, and are loudly saying some things that maybe aren’t actually backed up by law.

That, my friends, is the face of a hero. Thank you Stacey Abrams for showing the people in your state that their vote matters
Now. Please come give the Texas DNC some hardcore training.

20 Likes

Citation needed! Good luck finding one.

There is NO evidence that outlawing abortion or making it harder to get one legally reduces the number of abortions. It just makes them more dangerous and life-threatening. That’s the actual living life of women being threatened. Not someone’s scientifically illiterate definition of life.

Also, it would be really hard to stop “millions” of abortions when the total number of abortions is less than 1 million to start with. (The U.S. Abortion Rate Continues to Drop: Once Again, State Abortion Restrictions Are Not the Main Driver).

25 Likes

I live in NorCal, I’m Black, progressive and I regularly use the word “y’all” in my vernacular.

36 Likes

Those weren’t called with >95% of the votes already tallied, which (unless I’m very much mistaken) creates the probablistic blind spot they have this morning with respect to remaining mail-ins and provisionals.

4 Likes

54 posts were split to a new topic: Defund the police?

Honestly, I think this may be one of the most important outcomes of this election (other than barely making it over the mountain of fascist authoritarianism). Abrams proved to the people of Georgia and the country that their vote matters in spite of widespread disenfranchisement and in spite of the fact that she has no governing authority. Just a single woman of color leading a coalition to victory with will alone.

She’s going to be the most important figure in America for the next two months. Hopefully for much, much longer after.

21 Likes
7 Likes

It’s okay to celebrate. When he took PA, it was done. The networks are just hedging to hold eyeballs a little longer. Do you know how much they are cleaning up on ad spends right now?

12 Likes

Yes, we’re aware. Courts have been tossing out their frivolous lawsuits over this left and right. Even here in GA, which looks to be going blue.

14 Likes

After four years of it, it’s not entertaining anymore.

3 Likes

The GOP this morning: “Georgia, what the hell happened???”

blue2

26 Likes

Apparently, for BoingBoing, Beschizza gets to call it.

I understand, but at least he will be powerless soon.

3 Likes
15 Likes

I have been enjoying some of the alternate realities in the various right wing comment sections today:

BS!!! Voting is still taking place in GA and most likely it has continued in all the states that have not completed their count. There is a surprise coming so hold onto your hat.

2 Likes

I wonder if the major news networks aren’t waiting until primetime to make official calls. Getting the news mid-morning is nice, but I need to hear Anderson Cooper say it in the evening to feel the weight of it.

1 Like

this is great news but the election has not been called yet
Source my wife is not screaming with joy
Lets wait till all the votes are in and iit is called by at least CNN and NPR

1 Like

john-lewis-crowdsurfing

Thanks one more time Rep. Lewis! You are sorely missed here.

32 Likes

“Rob Beschizza, head of BoingBoing’s decision desk, predicted that the final tally in Pennsylvania would transform Trump’s eyes into gaping mouths…”

22 Likes