'Bikini airline' places $6.5 billion order for 50 additional jets

Please remain in an upright locked position.

16 Likes

“To be an object. To never have to plan, or question. Only follow commands…”

An adapted quote of a roman rebel (can’t remember who though, sorry!)

2 Likes

Several years ago I was waiting in an international terminal for a flight to the middle east and the gate next to ours was a direct flight to Dubai on Emirates. No one was waiting in their seating area fifteen minutes before they were scheduled to board, and then in walked a line of around 30-40 “flight attendants” in Emirates uniforms consisting of every race and hue of woman from around the world, all of them at least 5’10" in 4" heels and looking like they had just walked off a Victoria’s Secret runway show in Milan.

They opened the door to the flight, the women all walked single file directly onto the plane without a ticket being scanned or a piece of luggage to be seen followed by a gentleman in a suit. Someone somewhere in Dubai apparently was scheduling a hell of a party.

There’s no point to this story other than that I sometimes try to remember that some people have the money and wherewithal to package up 40 women and fly them literally to the other side of the world whenever I debate with myself about whether I’m being too flashy buying the bottle of wine that costs $2 more at Trader Joes.

29 Likes

That goddamn duckface is the real deal breaker.

4 Likes

Except deze guns! Boom boom! Yeah!

9 Likes

At the risk of hurting some sensitivities, I will say that I would probably enjoy such a flight a lot more than what I usually get for cabin crew. However, I think customers should insist on having an equal number of scantily clad male flight attendants. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Don’t ask how they smuggle cell phones and weapons into prisons.

2 Likes

I would trade all of these bikini-clad women for an extra 3 inches of knee space and 3 more inches of elbow room in my miserable little seat.

I guess that shows how old I am?

31 Likes

Clearly scantily clad women are a cheaper commodity for VietJet than increased seat pitch room :frowning:

7 Likes

I think I got an email about that.

22 Likes

It’s far more likely that they actually were flight attendants headed off to another hub. They don’t have to have tickets, and like many airlines, Emirates has strict hair and make-up guidelines, and offer training to attendants.

11 Likes

It’s all about profit. Scantily clad flight attendants clearly save fuel costs by reducing the weight of their uniforms, whereas that 3 extra inches of knee and elbow room allow them to cram in more paying customers.

5 Likes

You and me both, buddy.

1 Like

Exschcuszh me mish, did you order the kosher meal?

47 Likes

I wouldn’t want to fly with the Hooters Airlines crowd. I’d also enjoy my flight more knowing an airline was most proud of it’s safety and efficiency, not it’s T and A.

5 Likes

whynotboth dot gif!

3 Likes

How did I get this far in life and not have heard of this…

1 Like

For passengers who want more frustration from their airline.

4 Likes

Hey now, flight crew Time and Attendance are important too!

4 Likes

I don’t care. What’s the legroom like?

(I’m not sure why, but I missed the quotes and thought “Bikini atoll has an airline?”)

2 Likes