'Bikini airline' places $6.5 billion order for 50 additional jets

The Googling I did wasn’t super-extensive, but it looks to me like it’s mostly marketing.

The advertisement and publicity shots are all exploitative and objectifying, but stewardesses only rarely appear that way on flights. When they do, it’s arranged to be a flight to somewhere conservative cultural forces will be sure to make a huge stink. Free publicity!

I could be wrong.

I guess my point is: everything about air travel is either a scam or a travesty or sometimes both.

4 Likes

In First Class they serve Pho.

4 Likes

image This is how Southwest got their start, no?

10 Likes

So … the nominal purpose of the cabin crew is to provide leadership in an emergency. Forgive my scepticism, but I can’t see these women being much help in a smoke fille dburning cabin.

2 Likes

Nice color scheme

3 Likes

Ho Chi Minh wept.

8 Likes

Oh no, what they lack in fire resistant clothing, they make up for in pure athleticism.

Here is a novel business idea. How about instead of “flailing boobs on a plane”, how about an airline that treats passengers like human beings that require more than 3in of space to sit on.

2 Likes

“Those are not floatation devices!”

2 Likes

At least, you’ll die with a boner!

1 Like

Looks like about 250% more clothes

It can’t be worse than United.

4 Likes

Well, it does have an airport…

10 Likes

Don’t look in the cockpit!

1 Like

Is that Scottish or English pronunciation? (Sorry, referencing other thread.) :grin:

JFC. Can we please PLEASE stop referring to these money fetishists as “self made”. The ONLY thing I would guess Mr Bikini Airline did solely by himself is hand-pick these poor girls who will serve in his glorified airborne harem.

You know that’s she’s not self-made or it’s a guess like you claim?

Also, the very first line says it’s a woman.

I’m not saying you should LIKE anything reported in the article though.

6 Likes

I’m gunna pass

Alright Timmo you got me. Not familiar with gendering in VN names. But I will continue to take issue with the self made label. Unless MRS. Bikini Airline PERSONALLY extracted all the raw materials and refined them into every single physical component of this fine example of late stage capitalist activity (planes, office buildings, airports, etc) in addition to personally filling every job function, Mrs. Bikini Airline is FAR from self made.

3 Likes