Bill Cosby admitted under oath ten years ago to getting drugs to give women for sex

‘I PUT the Quaaaaaaludes IN the JEL-lo FOR the SEXY women.’

‘Neat’ thing is that there are still people defending him because they can’t give up being so stupid they defended him.

Just wish the 40+ women he raped could get some justice.

2 Likes

AND all poor ol Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman) did was masturbate in an adult theater (which is pretty much the point of an adult theater) and use marijuana (gasp)…i guess at that point in time it was still enough of a shocker to make news and impact his career.

To bring this conversation full circle:

8 Likes

It’s sad when someone whose work you like turns out to not just be a jerk, but someone who should be locked up. Everyone has negative traits, but come on. At least with Jackson dead I can enjoy Thriller with a little less guilt.

3 Likes

“The Wolf Of Wall Street” makes 'ludes look awesome.

3 Likes

That looks a lot like robitussin, which I have had the misfortune of playing with as a teenager.

Probably the worst drug experience I’ve ever had short of an allergic reaction to percoset I had once.

2 Likes

England’s Jerry Saville

Jimmy Savile

2 Likes

Not quite on the same level - it was well-established that Jimmy Saville wasn’t in any way wholesome years before any details or accusations actually emerged. See for example the hoax Have I Got News For You script - HIGNFY being a long-running UK comedy quiz show. The fake transcript appeared on the web around 1999 - here’s a copy:

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rogerb/jokes/HIGNFY.txt

And here’s a fascinating article tracing its origins, including the observation that Saville speculations “did the rounds for years”:

I remember reading the transcript when it first came out (on a VT unit, no less), and while there was speculation it was a hoax right from the start, none of that was founded on it being an unrealistic depiction of Jimmy Saville…

1 Like

Since prison seems out because of the statute of limitations- his victims should get to produce the film biopic of the Bill Cosby Story. With damages from him.

4 Likes

WTF happens that a person even wants to drop a Mickey into someone’s drink… then sex?!
I am told that rape is about power, but drugged unconscious?
Is that to escape some sort of judgement?
No excuses for the conduct but this has to have some root in abuse.

I don’t understand all the people who pretend we should have known all-along that Cosby was an asshole rapist because… he moralized? I don’t know what America you live in, but everyone of every political stripe does it.

It’s kind of typical for us to get obsessed with hypocrisy, while losing sight of the real issue. Finding out someone is an asshole and/or criminal does not instantly invalidate any of their positions. I’m not saying I ever really agreed with Cosby’s (basically) hatred of poor Blacks, but the definition of the ad hominem fallacy is to draw a logical connection between someone’s status and the rightness or wrongness of their conclusions or opinions.

The real issue here is not that he lived among us as an “innocent,” because most of us don’t know him. The real issue is that he navigated around people who did know about his behavior and likely enabled it. The real issue is that we are (hopefully decreasingly) living in a culture where rape allegations are treated with immediate derision and suspicion compared to allegations made for any other serious crime.

6 Likes

This is extremely damning. All the women coming forth recently have told his same MO of being drugged. But it would be easy to say that they are jumping on the bandwagon and that once a few of these stories came out another person could confabulate their own along the same lines. But here is a case 10 years ago with him using the exact same MO. Not that I was having any problems with the women that have come forward, but for anyone who was thinking that the accusers were doing it just for their 10 minutes of fame, I think this new document is such a perfect confirmation of their stories.

By the way, does anyone know how they could unseal this case?

7 Likes

So I’m reading through the excerpts, then at the bottom they use the term “star struck”, and suddenly it took on another (more sinister) meaning.

1 Like

Jimmy Vile

1 Like

Jimmy’s a vile arsehole.

or perhaps just ‘Jimmy’s a vile’.

Hugh Hefner allegedly refers to quaaludes as leg spreaders ick

Edit: common usage in 70’s “panty droppers”
Velociworld: RORER 714

They always take the best drugs off the market, Ludes {panty droppers} placidyls, tuinals. Damn I miss those days.
Posted by: Anton at March 26, 2011 1:06 PM

Those sure were the good 'ole days.
I still do, to this day, refer to the Rorer 714 as “leg spreaders” … Enough said!!
Posted by: Carmen at July 16, 2011 3:04 AM

Oh, I made the mistake of reading the comments over on ABCNews. Apparently it’s A) a media conspiracy, and B) the women kept going back because they liked the drugs. 40+ women and it’s a “media conspiracy.” Okaaaay.

7 Likes

Getting 40+ women to make credible rape accusations against one of the most powerful men in Hollywood I can understand. But how did the conspirators get Cosby to falsely accuse himself?

13 Likes

Yes, copious experience. In my day I saw a room full of people become a mass of naked, entangled bodies because of quaaludes. We nicknamed the trend “ludes 'n nudes”. Me, I just prefered to take a long, hot shower. OMG. A long hot shower on ludes - there’s nothing like it. There was also a variety everyone called “blue tips”. I think they were just methaquaalone from a different manufacturer.

What positive functions does the statute of limitations serve?

There’s the whole ‘not having to live your life looking over your shoulder’ thing, but I don’t think that’s a great defence.

Isn’t there an idea about not delaying a trial past the point where all the evidence needed for a fair trial is available?

To be clear, I think Cosby is guilty as sin and I’d love to see him suffer some real consequences.

1 Like