Bill criminalizing anal and oral sex passes Michigan Senate

Only if they actually litigate. There’s tons of laws on the books, both state and federal, that are only enforced when convenient.

The term “creature” is also inappropriately religious to use in a legislative context. Using it this way suggests that all animals were created by someone/something rather than naturally occurring.

Speak for yourself!

See, I absolutely don’t believe they can’t get any. In fact, I’d bet they still expect their wives to “satisfy” them because something something Jesus said so.

6 Likes

Ah, yes, accordion busking.

14 Likes

Just to be clear, you’re talking about rock hunting right?
:wink:

6 Likes

[begin stereotypical joke]
Don’t you mean “up to nearly 6000 years old”?
[end stereotypical joke]

11 Likes

“Uh, what? You realize that I could say the same thing about just about everyone’s sexual activity?”

Nope. For example, Donald Trump, Tiger Woods and Alex Rodriguez are known for philandering, but not prostitution or molestation. Adultery at least denotes a consensual relationship between parties.

“an inherent flaw in our legal system is that constitutional review requires lawsuits and standing and all kinds of time consuming nonsense even for things that are incredibly obvious”

One does not waste the time of the Federal Courts on “advisory decisions” or “declaratory judgments”. It is how they wanted to limit themselves and their resources from day one. Its annoying but it serves a purpose for them.

“In fact, I think a fantastic reform would be some sort of fine or punishment for any president or congressperson that votes for a law ruled unconstitutional.”

I would love for them to be personally on the hook for the legal expenses of defending their blatantly unconstitutional laws. :relaxed:

1 Like

I know we’re kidding, but I think Leviticus 19:34 should be enough guidance on the question. And Deuteronomy 16:20 should get it done too.

And there’s the “common sense” arguments which GOP members are fond of.

1 Like

Procreative sex only! Missionary position only, lest one feel the “Satanic impulse”

Nothing fun like bj’s or “riding the Hershey highway”. Wives are expected to have sex with their husbands only to produce babies. For all other forms of sex, wives are expected to look towards pool boys, delivery guys, plumbers and in some cases landlords.

13 Likes

Just so long as, in Michigan, you don’t do anything naughty with the rocks. And certainly not around animals.

2 Likes

hey! i’ll have you know my father was in an accordion band. let’s not drag another artform down to the level of heinous acts such as lawmaking and being a senator.

8 Likes

No getting your rocks off?

5 Likes

Um… good luck with that, since such laws were ruled unconstitutional in 2003 (which @Mangochin beat me to, but hey, I got you guys the wikipedia link) :

But yeah, whether or not people are having non-procreative sex (aka BUTT SEKS) is totally what the Michigan senate needs to be focusing on. Yep. No other problems in Michigan, such as a public health emergency, that needs to be attended to. None.

18 Likes

Pretty sure when the Supreme Court finds something unconstitutional you don’t need to remove them from the books, they’re automatically unenforceable, immediately. Otherwise states could ignore the Supreme Court and just leave everything on the books when they lose.

1 Like

I really like how the Republicans want to get the government out of our business. Except when it comes to sex and reproduction. Then, they’re not happy unless you’re doing exactly what they say you can do, and nothing else.

18 Likes

You can poison your children, just don’t s…k d…k.

Hell, you can choose to not vaccinate your children at all in most states, putting both the children at the unnecessary risk of fatal disease along with the rest of the unvaccinated population who have an actual excuse. And even if your children contract and die from such preventable illness as Pertussis, Measles, or Tetanus, you’ll get off scott-free… Besides being the proud parent of a dead kid. The law will not charge you with manslaughter or child neglect or abuse. You will be left alone.

This is wrong.

So is banning fun sex between consenting adults.

9 Likes

The article makes it pretty clear that this bill does not modify existing statute so that none of the “moral” congresscritters will block the bill and prevent the animal abuse protections from being implemented. The title on Boing Boing is, basically, misleading linkbait.

7 Likes

True. A state can leave it on the books, as a sort of monument to how hard the state still hates those people they aren’t allowed to discriminate against anymore. Michigan also still has its abortion ban. So if Roe v. Wade ever gets struck down, they won’t even have to wait long enough to pass a new law. I bet there are plenty of states that still have unenforceable segregation laws all ready to go back into effect as soon as the makeup of the Supreme Court changes. Elections matter.

4 Likes

‘Nuh-uh, that’s Flint’s fault for electing demonrats to run Flint’ -attitude of conservatives in denial that Republicans fuck stuff up too

1 Like