Bill criminalizing anal and oral sex passes Michigan Senate

…and there’s lots of people here who think going to a part time legislature will fix it (as if).

1 Like

I don’t know about allowing the missionary position, it could be a slippery slope to other forms of deviant sexual behavior.

The only safe way forward is abstinence for all, with artificial insemination performed by unattractive robots, with participants selected using fertility-matching algorithms.

Let’s stamp out this sex thing once and for all.

7 Likes

That’s the theory, anyway. In practice the Feds occasionally have to send a gentle reminder.

Now I’m not saying Obama is going to federalize the Michigan National Guard in order to protect citizens’ Constitutional right to fellate and sodomize each other… but if he did it would be one of the best uses of Executive power in the history of the Union.

28 Likes

Well, considering how much experience the feds have fucking people in the ass, at least they will be in the hands of professionals.

2 Likes

What?!

Oh, c’mon. Really, 2016? REALLY??

Jesus.

Is that something like harmonica style?

Prevent negligent deliberate poisoning of kids’ drinking water.

FIFY.

2 Likes

I heard its like a kazoo up the wazoo

1 Like

… in Kalamazoo.

7 Likes

No, I meant the legislation…

Oh nevermind.

2 Likes

clas·sic
ˈklasik/
adjective
adjective: classic

judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
"a classic novel"
synonyms:	definitive, authoritative; More
outstanding, first-rate, first-class, best, finest, excellent, superior, masterly
"the classic work on the subject"
    (of a garment or design) of a simple elegant style not greatly subject to changes in fashion.
    "this classic navy blazer"
    synonyms:	simple, elegant, understated; More
    traditional, timeless, ageless
    "a classic style"
    remarkably and instructively typical.
    "Hamlet is the classic example of a tragedy"
    synonyms:	typical, archetypal, quintessential, vintage; More
    model, representative, perfect, prime, textbook
    "a classic example of Norman design"
    antonyms:	atypical

noun
noun: classic; plural noun: classics; plural noun: Classics; noun: Classic

a work of art of recognized and established value.
"his books have become classics"
synonyms:	definitive example, model, epitome, paradigm, exemplar; More

I can’t believe the thread is this long and no-one has cited Molly Ivins’s memorable recounting of when Texas, its law against homosexual sodomy having been struck down in the courts on the grounds of bias, legislated to ban all sodomy (thus eliminating bias), and after a heated debate that she describes quite amusingly the law passes, and the leading sponsor shakes hands at the podium with his party’s leader … whereupon, she tells us, the Sergeant-At-Arms separates them, because under their own law they’d just passed it was illegal for a pr!ck to touch an assh0le in the State Of Texas.

12 Likes

You must have missed its resurrection here about a week ago.

As someone who is neither heterosexual nor monogamous, I can quite assure you that my sex life seems to be of great interest to an amazing number of people, even though it doesn’t involve prostitutes or children. (I note children and not the text from your quote, as @Mangochin specified in their post.) Similarly, it doesn’t seem to matter that these acts are being conducted in private, or with perfectly willing participants, somehow they seem to bring a lot of inquiries from nosy parkers.

Kimchi Cuddles summarizes this quite nicely, actually.

8 Likes

As if another one is needed.

Easy Michiganders…just keeeding,

Sort of.

[quote=“Mangochin, post:23, topic:73423, full:true”]
Its already dead on arrival. Anti-Sodomy laws have been unconstitutional since 2003 (See Lawrence v. Texas).

Seriously WTF? [/quote]Didn’t RTFA did you? It mentions Lawrence vs. Texas literally in the second sentence.

You didn’t even need to read the article - only the summary - to see that the headline is wrong and this isn’t what was happening, anyway. This is a bill updating the law to make sex with animals considered a felony. The senator even says he would be happy for the “with mankind” wording to be removed, but it would make the bill unlikely to pass. He even said, “I would rather not even bring up the topic, because I know what would happen. You’d get both sides screaming and you end up with a big fight that’s not needed because it’s unconstitutional.”

The bill actually only updates the wording on the sentencing aspect to clarify it’s a felony, and adds a provision that someone convicted of animal abuse can’t own an animal for 5 years.

So, really, nothing to see here at all.

3 Likes

My inner 9 year old reflexively giggles anytime I see it spelled BUTT SEKS. Thank you for that.

10 Likes

You’re my hero. I appreciate the explanation!

Better than Goatse.cx… I feel both gleeful and awful that my brain went there.

1 Like