Bill Gates is holed up in his $12.5 million California desert mansion, while Melinda and kids chill on a $132,000 per night private island

Originally published at: Bill Gates is holed up in his $12.5 million California desert mansion, while Melinda and kids chill on a $132,000 per night private island | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Relatable

21 Likes

Bill Gates is holed up in his $12.5 million California desert mansion

Haven’t seen him, but we really don’t travel in the same circles.

28 Likes

Karma is such a drag

1 Like

First Jeff Bezos, and now Bill Gates. What’s an uber-billionaire supposed to do to keep a wife these days?

Presumably, not cheat on them and not have connections to Epstein, I suppose.

5 Likes

$12.5 Million is surprisingly modest by Billionaire-class real estate standards in California.

15 Likes

The exclusive Vintage Club’s website is missing an SSL certificate.

9 Likes

What exactly is the point? Is it news to anyone that Bill Gates is rich?

3 Likes

I care because so many Californians are facing eviction, along with millions of Americans.

8 Likes

NEWS FLASH: Ultrarich people stay in expensive lodgings

I posted it to remind people about the American Dream. Keep working hard at your $7 an hour job and you can get rich, too, as long as you vote GOP.

22 Likes

Bootstraps®!

12 Likes

Oh, yeah… Instead of $100 billion, he’ll have $50 billion.

Feel that, Bill? Do you? No, not the sun tan lotion being applied by that model you’ve taken to a Polynesian resort. The karma, the karma!! Bill, won’t you please feel the karma? For me?

2 Likes

They probably charge extra for Wifi too, rich places are cheap.

6 Likes

The saddest cut of all is that, even if you took 3 decimal places away from all the $ amounts in this story, it’s still more money than I can fathom.

images

15 Likes

“If money can’t buy happiness, I’ll guess I have to rent it”
-Weird Al Yankovic

8 Likes

Melinda Gates, the kids, and the hangers-on could stay conceivably at the upscale resort island for the rest of their lives on what they are getting from Bill as a divorce settlement.

6 Likes

It’s just a little something so he can get out from under the old lady’s feet.

3 Likes

Poor, poor Bill

The_Lonely_Arms

5 Likes

In San Francisco $12 Million will get you a two-bedroom home in Dolores Heights. I mean, it’s a nice two-bedroom home, but it’s not exactly what one might expect for a person who has more money than God.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3690-21st-St-San-Francisco-CA-94114/15145412_zpid/

5 Likes