Bill Murray deepfaked into Kubrik's Full Metal Jacket

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/02/bill-murray-deepfaked-into-kub.html

1 Like

“Platoooooon. Raaaaazle daaaazle.”

10 Likes

7u1mnXg

11 Likes

For the “lulz?”

2 Likes

is anyone else slightly afraid of these deep fakes? so much potential for… well, all kinds of bad stuff.

9 Likes

One day, in the future, I will be getting a video call from my dead mother, presented in a totally convincing manner, responding to me in a very convincing way. And there will be a 15 year old script-kiddie boy laughing at me with his friends as I have a mental breakdown in real time. Reality is dissolving.

8 Likes

Wasn’t this movie called “Stripes”?

8 Likes

Looked more like “Meatballs.”

5 Likes

God Bless AMurrayca!!

2 Likes
2 Likes

12 Likes

Came to post that now I want to see a deep fake of Ermey in Stripes.

7 Likes

I tried to read that vertically…

11 Likes

Sorry about your new headache.

11 Likes

When Warner Bros. made Contact in 1997 they went the “better to ask forgiveness than permission” route and included a couple short scenes of then-President Bill Clinton digitally edited to make it appear that he was holding press conferences about the discovery of extraterrestrials.

Needless to say the White House was not happy, in part because it was suddenly apparent how easily a foreign adversary could do something similar for propaganda purposes.

11 Likes

The irony being – the Clintons are really into aliens and UFOs (as is Podesta of course).

2 Likes
4 Likes

In both versions, they’re doing it wrong. You don’t hang on to your junk the whole time. You pat your rifle and then grab your junk according to the words. Sheesh!

2 Likes

Are you really saying R. Lee Ermey doesn’t know whe’s doing? Because he knows what he’s doing.

3 Likes

We’re deeply fucked.

1 Like