Billie Eilish asked same interview questions, TWO years after becoming a much bigger star

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/02/billie-eilish-asked-same-inter-2.html

2 Likes

These Billie Eilish VF interviews are destined to become Gen Z’s version of the Seven Up! documentary series.

10 Likes

Agreed. I hope she does them all throughout her life.

1 Like

Sad to say, but my only thought is, “Who?”.

5 Likes

Sad for you, or sad for her?

4 Likes

I am forever learning about super-popular people about 5 years after the peak of their fame, so no worries. Although, in this case, I do know who Eilish is. NPR told me.

4 Likes

Apparently opinion on her music is quite divisive. Some saying she’s a breath of fresh air and others saying she’s the latest example of the death of modern music. I thought Bad Guy was a fine song, I’m not sure why there is so much hate.

5 Likes

Well, I guess you’ll have to google her.

Do not use Bing! (If you don’t know why I said that, do watch the video.)

If relevance means appreciating this person, then I’m more than okay being irrelevant. I had to stop about five minutes into it. What a dreadful human.

I saw her on an episode of “Hot Ones” once. I couldn’t tell you what she sings though.

1 Like

Sad for me. I’m old.

2 Likes

i’m so old, i shouldn’t be aware of her, but somehow i got wind of her album this past summer and damn if i don’t like it. put me in the “breath of fresh air” category. it’s so nice to hear someone singing in their own voice, and not some auto-tuned thing compensating for lack of singing ability or what have you.

6 Likes

The SNL performance—while she was also recovering from two separate ankle injuries—was pretty amazing to then see a famous use of cinematic dance architecture, but this time done on live television.

edit - admittingly, I’m here because I read the article’s title in the context of some sorta’ patriarchal journalism type of “asking same questions”…

4 Likes

Me too. Glad I’m not the only one.

1 Like

What was dreadful about her, the part where she talked about how grateful she is for her success, the bit where she’s humbled by how far she’s come, or was it just that she has scary green fingernails and is a successful young artist on their own terms?

15 Likes

Aye, you and me both. No mention of her in Germany either that I have noticed either, so this is one of the first times I have noticed the name. But I think I will check her out.

Confidence and poise in a young woman are terrifying to some people. I think she’s great, and I’m over 2x her age.

6 Likes

Girl’s got skill. Check this out, and know that she did it with two sprained feet.

1 Like

Did nothing for me.