Billionaire chronicles

Carbonite

9 Likes

cryonics-hut

10 Likes

Yes, actually Walt wasn’t put in the freezer. Urban legend.

5 Likes

antonymous driving technology

Ah, there’s the problem! /s

No wonder these "tech"bro billionaires are cryptocoin fetishists! The stuff they got rich on is only slightly less vaporware than EFTs. (Luminar does have real products, but this guy got rich off the hyped stock value, like Musk, rather than company profits.)

(Fuck, another Thiel protégé.)

4 Likes

:thinking:

7 Likes

I’m sure it’s a coincidence. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

lets-take-it-back-go-back

6 Likes
2 Likes

I was going along with that until this point:

The solution to the modern world’s explosion of tech challenges, he argues, is not government, but in personal choices and responsibility.

Erm, how bout “collective action”? Including governments that aren’t subject to elite capture?

13 Likes

[clutches pearls dramatically]

“Collective action you say?” [faints]

/s

Yeah, I found the article forensically interesting but not hopeful. This “personal choices” thing in the context of this article especially sounded a lot like code words for some libertarian-esque article of faith that tHiNgS WiLl SoRt ThEmSeLveS oUt If oNLy.

If anyone here wants a case study of “personal choices and responsibility” with a big ol’ helping of Freedom¼ rhetoric, please take a good look at how the state of Texas, where I have lived since 1990, has been running things, including but not limited to our gun problem, and the deaths of so many innocents:

Lest we forget:

ETA:
My son, back from college, has accused me of nut-picking:

In the spirit of full disclosure, here’s my accepting that term applies to me, but in my defense, y’all can’t swing a dead armadillo around here without hitting a
 Texas Freedom Thinker
 including us nutjobs in Austin, which is a kind of Nut Collector for the rest of our state.

9 Likes

I guess every day is Monday in Texas. :weary:

6 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes

Damn. Quite cutting.

This one amused me though.

3 Likes
13 Likes