Billionaire chronicles

3 Likes

Fireworks must be aggravating for billionaires. No way of preventing the plebs from seeing the show you paid for, if it’s not in the middle of your sprawling estate.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s not easy for them to go “Full Fontainebleau” anymore, right?

:thinking: In theory, they do things like this because they need a challenge. I’m sure there are other ways to keep them busy… :abacus:

Tax The Rich President Biden GIF by Creative Courage

9 Likes

It’s like running a drive-in theater in Kansas and expecting folks half a mile away not to look at the screen.

8 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

[The Coast Guard] said on Tuesday that the recovery and transfer of remaining parts was completed last Wednesday, and a photo showed the intact aft portion of the 22-ft (6.7-meter) vessel.

Photo is from October 1st, 2023

5 Likes

This highlights how some of the rich in the US became billionaires:

8 Likes
6 Likes

Wasn’t sure whether to put this in the assholes thread, or the Republican assholes thread.

Or in a billionaire / techbro submersible one way ride to the bottom of the ocean. That would be preferred.

Trigger warning: so much bullshit. So very much.

6 Likes

@mspie500 posted that in the odd stuff thread…

Pretty much, anywhere it goes, we should dunk on it, since it’s so full of bullshit… Just endless spewing of BS…

11 Likes

We had a problem with thalidomide; so we discontinued it.

We had a problem with rapacious capitalism; so we broke up monopolies and started unions.

We had a problem with racism and sexism in technology companies; so we ignored it.

8 Likes

… for some reason I also find the “More About Marc” portrait very disturbing :grimacing:

3 Likes

This reads like Jerry Maguire’s manifesto (which got him fired)

Show Me The Money GIF

5 Likes

indulging in abstract theories, luxury beliefs, social engineering, disconnected from the real world, delusional, unelected, and unaccountable

:film_projector:

4 Likes

Is Andreessen Horowitz someone I should know or care about?

2 Likes

Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) is like an AnCap Hogwarts for grifters. They take in budding Valley Bros, and teach them marketing hype wizardry, longtermism, and then at the end, the Grifting Hat gives them corporate paperwork, a big bag of VC money, keys to offices already staffed with libertarian types, and most importantly: their grifting gimmick.

“Bankman-Fried, your gimmick is an imaginary bank.”
“Altman, you get a fancy autocomplete and a ball that steals souls.”
“Holmes, your gimmick is fabulous medical testing devices.”
“Do they work?”
“Why would that matter!”
“Right, sorry.”

8 Likes

We are told to denounce our birthright

Has anyone ever invoked their birthright that wasn’t a selfish asshole?

I couldn’t read more than 10% of that idiotic drivel, but I did scroll to the bottom to his “Patron Saints of Techno-Optimism.” And there was one name that generated an insane laugh of disbelief:
Friedrich Nietzsche
Wow. Just wow

Sure there are other names on the list that would think he was a slobbering moron, but has he ever read literally anything by Nietzsche?

6 Likes

… also “John Galt” was never a real person :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Which is why Galt belongs on the list the most. The whole thing is describing a fictional world unencumbered by reality

7 Likes