Billionaire chronicles

ezgif.com-add-text

4 Likes

DIRECTOR: I want an epic climax for when the villain is defeated! Something along the lines of the Hindenburg explosion!

VFX GUY: OK, what kind of budget are we talking about?

DIRECTOR: Eighty-seven dollars.

8 Likes

6 Likes

vHdAru

2 Likes
5 Likes

Go Away GIF by Ryn Dean

10 Likes

It’s not unusual for old people to retire to Florida.

4 Likes

Is Bezos buying beachfront property?

tsunami GIF

:grimacing: No, that would affect too many innocent people. :thinking: I wonder how much it would take to get a Q, a weather control net, and one of these to follow him around until he changes his views about workers. We wouldn’t want him to get lazy, right? :imp:

5 Likes

Even if he doesn’t buy beachfront property I wouldn’t trust him.

lex luthor superman GIF

5 Likes
3 Likes

Another Andreessen Horowitz-connected balloon that got snapped back by its reality tether. If only Musk had bought Twitter a couple years earlier, they could have caught that exodus wave.

$4B seems average these day, no matter what their revenue looks like. Poof! it’s worth $4B because a bunch of investors agreed. e.g. HashiCorp, stick a fork in it.

If someone told Adam Smith about this kind of “wealth creation”, he’d be out drinking and looking for a fight.

8 Likes

It’s pump and dump; all the way down.

5 Likes

Yes and.

Rebecca Solnit with the receipts, bravely saying The Words:

8 Likes

Reminds me somewhat randomly of the end of Don’t Look Up, when President Meryl Streep, who’s been in cahoots with a weirdo billionaire Musk-alike and has traveled with him and some other Out of Touchers to another planet, gets immediately and satisfyingly gobbled up by an alien.

3 Likes

Our Golgafrincham ark of billionaire idiots. I’m sure Douglas Adams would have approved the update.

3 Likes

Pay a fine? Of $50M?
That’s… justice?

Maybe sung like a canary for the US DOJ to cut him this deal?

4 Likes

Gosh, just in time!
I wonder if anyone is listening.

Without such reforms, Piketty said, “we’ll have major climate catastrophe” as current policies are not working.

“[white noise]… this is your pilot, Captain Obvious. We will be cruising at an altitude of zero-fucks-given today, right over flyover country, past any carbon sequestration goals, and over the heads of many people who are at the sharp end of late stage capitalism and climate breakdown. On behalf of aeronautics industries and the petroleum kleptocracy, welcome aboard.”

9 Likes

Unfortunately, they’ll get around that easily.

Musk Airlines is a charter airlines and I pay to rent it

3 Likes

It’s a non-stop flight from one of your various weekly homes to whichever of your floating art storage yachts you’ve decided to grace with your presence.

2 Likes