2 Likes

How else would I cross the street?

1 Like

Game Show Love GIF by ABC Network

7 Likes

What a racket. Wow:

2 Likes

(Rebecca Solnit)

A few good billionaires among the saboteurs don’t justify the existence of the species. That’s why in Kim Stanley Robinson’s climate-fiction novel The Ministry for the Future, billionaires are eliminated as a climate hazard, their fortunes whittled down to $50m if they comply. Robinson writes: “There was scientifically supported evidence to show that if the Earth’s available resources were divided up equally among all 8 billion humans, everyone would be fine. They would all be at adequacy, and the scientific evidence very robustly supported that people living at adequacy, and confident they would stay there (a crucial point), were healthier and happier than rich people.” On a thriving planet, human beings should be human scale, but the super-rich are on another scale altogether, giants trampling underfoot both nature and our efforts to protect it.

10 Likes
3 Likes

At least there is some degree of schadenfreude in the knowledge that Nazi-lovin’ antisemite Coco Chanel’s business empire ended up under the control of a Jewish family.

4 Likes

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

I wonder if your employees feel the same way?

3 Likes

So much for the libertarian non-aggression principle!

(Not that I ever believed it, especially for people like Musk.)

5 Likes

You think the god-king billionaires care about those proles! /s

6 Likes

He’s just one little industrial accident away from needing a neurolink. They can just take one from a dead chimp and slap it in.

3 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes
2 Likes
7 Likes

ETA:
because I can’t post more than twice in a row, and because I heard this today (no transcript at the time I am writing to you now):

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit.

5 Likes
1 Like

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

3 Likes
6 Likes