Billionaire chronicles

3 Likes

It’s easy to think you’d be able to do something when you know that you’d never have to actually do it.

from

17 Likes

Sure. They’ll use that $5 to call their parents.

18 Likes

14 Likes
7 Likes

Someone has never seen Trading Places, clearly:

12 Likes

Air drop, you say?

10 Likes

5 Likes

fc0537d8bc8b5e410369bae2a73fc69e1f90d3af_2_466x500

13 Likes

And the ones who manage to survive would have done so because they are sociopaths. Not exactly what we should admire or reward as a society.

6 Likes

About every five years or so, a Mike Black type comes along who thinks being poor is a moral failing and tries to prove it by getting rid of their assets for a fixed time period. They invariably fail or cheat.

Then five years later the next rich arsehole comes along to do it all over again.

I remember one who tried claiming that they had proven their point because they had made lots of money before an expensive medical bill got rid of it all. Nobody else was convinced.

10 Likes

That could work, if they used their $5 to call home and arrange for money to be wired, and an extraction team sent.

5 Likes

Everything is air-droppable at least once.

what-about-the-air

3 Likes

I wonder, if you air drop a billionaire into a 3rd world country with $5 in his pocket, within a few years will they have picked up any of the local language? “Ah yes, Doqon is my local nickname.”

4 Likes

6 Likes
4 Likes

Snopes has a little bit more detail on this guy.

“Someone” lending him an RV his very first day on the street? Even if he’d managed to earn a good living from that point forward without relying on his education, contacts, or any other advantages, starting this experiment with such an obvious and significant leg up completely invalidates the point he claimed to be proving by “starting with nothing.”

Also, he did keep his phone, which certainly isn’t nothing.

8 Likes

Smbc Ants

11 Likes

The first day, he’d still be shiny.

8osump

9 Likes

I hear Harlan Crow hands those things out like party favors.

10 Likes