Billionaire chronicles

6 Likes

(Robert Reich)

9 Likes

:thinking: OK, has 45 cheated any billionaires in the past few years? Asking for a friend…
:pleading_face:

5 Likes

It seems like that’s what the bank fraud is, and why he’s actually in some trouble there…

7 Likes
3 Likes

WTAF? Is it legal to “just not comply”?

12 Likes

Someone who can decide not to comply without fear of being forced to do so by law enforcement…

Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

10 Likes

Subpoena literally means under penalty, so there should be one if you don’t comply.

11 Likes

Maybe Leo should ask Peter Navarro?

6 Likes

If my understanding of the Senate’s law enforcement authority is correct then Senate Sargeant at Arms Karen Gibson can theoretically track down Harlan Crow and personally drag his ass all the way back to D.C. until he complies. She’s a seasoned combat veteran so that might come in handy if she needs to do an extraction operation to make it happen.

According to her LinkedIn page she’s also interested in public speaking opportunities! Maybe she could use that as an excuse to get into the next Davos-style event so she can get close enough to Crow to throw a black sack over his head as she jabs him with a taser.

7 Likes

That’s genius and devious and I would pay for a ticket to watch that movie.

Dang!

6 Likes
8 Likes

Where’s my clenched fist emoji!

5 Likes
5 Likes

This young teacher is doing great (and fun!) work lampooning the incredibly wasteful, self-absorbed antics of billionaires.

3 Likes

And that’s when the man in the castle with the seven fireplaces said it.

“I’m glad there’s OxyContin and video games to keep those people quiet.”

9 Likes

To fully grasp the current situation in San Francisco, where venture capitalists are trying to take control of City Hall, you must listen to Balaji Srinivasan. Before you do, steel yourself for what’s to come: A normal person could easily mistake his rambling train wrecks of thought for a crackpot’s ravings, but influential Silicon Valley billionaires regard him as a genius.

Mr. OxyContin and video games thinks this guy is a genius. :rage:

6 Likes

My wife has been a fan of his for a bit… “you don’t have a gigantic closet for your 25ft christmas tree, because you’re a povvo”.

1 Like

Well, quite. Bread and circuses, as pater used to say.

3 Likes

WTAF? 

3 Likes