Billionaire chronicles

6 Likes

1500 died when the Titantic sank. How long until the sea bottom is littered with an equal amount of dead rich submarine adventurers? :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Having vast amounts of money does tend to rot the soul like having the One Ring. With some people it also seems to rot their common sense too.

If we could figure this out, and how to trigger overconfident risky behavior…

8 Likes

Mount Everest and extreme submarine trips can only do so much.

6 Likes

:thinking: Either we convince them that a special, life-extending substance called Unobtanium can only be collected and absorbed by flying really close to the sun, or by “juicing” billions of pounds of plastic from the ocean to extract a single cup.

bright sunshine GIF

Holy Grail Animation GIF by SWR Kindernetz

:smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Unfortunately a significant percentage of them will throw their support behind any politician who promises to find new ways of putting more plastic into the oceans.

4 Likes

Triton are a proper submarine company with lots of experience. They’re not trying to disrupt the “not dying”-market like a certain other company. So this is probably as safe as an expedition like that can be. This is not the worst thing a billionaire can spend their money on, in my opinion. Better than a Super PAC at least, and maybe we’ll get a few new technologies for research subs out of it.

6 Likes

I was thinking more of lawn darts for billionaires, but whatever gets it done.

4 Likes

6 Likes

13 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

Never, ever let a film crew into your home.

5 Likes

FB_IMG_1717720038402

10 Likes

Altman’s fake fusion company selling power to his fake AI company. :thinking:

4 Likes

Vimana Private Jets fly cars for the 1% around the world. CNN has intentionally blurred the image.

I wish the media would stop doing that. These aren’t the 1%. They’re the 0.000000001%, and even that is probably off by an order of magnitude

6 Likes

Fucking Wharton.

9 Likes

… everything wrong with Silicon Valley is Stanford’s fault :unamused:

4 Likes
8 Likes