Billionaire chronicles

14 Likes

Excellent piece, thank you. I’ve long adored Monbiot’s elegantly thoughtful writing. And yeah, screw those billionaire zombies!!

8 Likes

Goodbye GIF

4 Likes

Great article. Thanks for posting.

6 Likes

Upset that zoning laws apply to him too and not just the little people?

10 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-2024-campaign-timothy-mellon.html?unlocked_article_code=1.-k0.y8oG.QL8ON4Zq5jBY&smid=url-share

a profile of timothy mellon, a guy who supports both trump and rfk, and probably best described as an idiot with money

7 Likes

Lucy Liu Vomit GIF

7 Likes

The middle of this piece features some very familiar faces, mentioned throughout this thread.

4 Likes

mystery millionaire drove off his $3.6 million Bugatti supercar from the gas station with the nozzle still attached

6 Likes

I’ve seen that happen with a Corvette. The newer nozzles are designed to break away and the pump automatically shuts off.

5 Likes

…Are Not Philanthropists

Mild shock

14 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes

Voting must matter a lot if these people are working so hard to stop us.

11 Likes

16 Likes

Should we start a GoFundMe for those suffering billionaires?

10 Likes

Castle fortress’s for the new feudal lords. With moats.

7 Likes
5 Likes

I’d be concerned about the security of anything designed by someone who appears to think that a water filled moat is a defensive feature.

Also he’s apparently been working on this house for a while now.

5 Likes

"The house itself, Corbi said in an interview via Zoom, is ultra-secure with the blast-proof doors, unbreakable windows and biometric door-entry systems. Then there’s the 30-foot-deep moat with a swing bridge, the water canons [sic] capable of taking out helicopters, drones or skydivers, and the film of flammable liquid that can be automatically deployed across the surface of the artificial lake and ignited to create a defensive ring of fire."

What could possibly go wrong?

Although, I must admit - from a professional viewpoint this sounds like a project that could be a lot of fun. Putting aside for a moment that rich clients usually bicker about the money their follies add up to cost at the end of the day. (Always give them at least a projection a first grader could understand, and have them sign it off. Just saying.)
I would love to see the plans, the evacuation scheme, the building permit, the accounting, in other words pretty much everything on this.

Oh, and on the off-chance that an actual billionaire reads this: how about using a fraction of your money and influence on working towards a world where nobody needs a bunker? Now that would be really cool. You can still have bunkers just for fun if that’s your thing.

12 Likes