Billionaire chronicles

Also, be born into money, always useful

2 Likes

Why donā€™t they ever make childrenā€™s cartoons based on the other parts of Gulliverā€™s Travels? So tired of Lilliputians hogging all the limelight

7 Likes

A travesty of Brobdingnagian proportions

12 Likes

We have enough yahoos already, thank you very much.

9 Likes

Ok, that was a new one for me.

ICYMI, this Bruce Sterling novel does have various anti-aging or life-extension angles and parts of it are pretty intellectually amusing (the arty parts were hard for me to take but certainly in keeping with the plot):

Doing my level best here not to link to dang Amazon.
Well, you get the ideaā€¦ anyway. The kludgy archive.org link at least lets you read the book enough to decide whether itā€™s worth your time to plunge into the whole thing.

7 Likes

I havenā€™t read the Altered Carbon book but I did watch the Netflix series. Itā€™s pretty good.

4 Likes
12 Likes

ā€œUSA! USA!ā€, he chanted sarcastically (which I assume is a full sentence)

4 Likes

Well there you are, everyone who talks America being ruled by oligarchs is wrongā€¦itā€™s really a triumvirate. /s

9 Likes

And so itā€¦continues.

This one is an abomination. I have often dreamed of seeing it sink even before all this.

9 Likes

Not his only penis extender.

9 Likes

Mmhhmm. More delicious targets for seizure.

ETA: As expected AIS shows she has hightailed it to the Maldives.

4 Likes

Soā€¦what the hell to do with these big-ass yachts?

6 Likes

Obviously convert them all into floating independent crypto-nations!

(That way we can lure the crypto-bros onto them and to their eventual deaths through mismanagement, lack of sanitation, disease and starvation - itā€™s a win-win all around)

9 Likes

Convert them to floating hospitals to respond to natural disasters & other emergencies?

15 Likes

Oceanographic research vessels. Plastic recovery platforms.

12 Likes

Season 2 Idea GIF by Portlandia

8 Likes

Divert them to pick up refugees.

13 Likes
11 Likes

Thereā€™s a minor Russian superyacht in the harbour here in town right now. Looks like sheā€™s running north to Russia.

I would really like to see local authorities seize her but somehow I donā€™t think Norway has the backbone to do it before she reaches the border. So frustrating.

7 Likes