Bison scares the heck out of a reporter

Do not blame this guy one bit. I bet he has seen a video or two. Bison are huge, strong animals and they will charge on occasion.

13 Likes

Shortest Chappelle Show bit ever.

10 Likes

It’s interesting to note that these days television reporters are often expected to be their own camera-person, like this guy.

18 Likes

To be fair, you really can’t give too much respect to bison. It is best to not make direct eye contact with even the ones that are accustomed to humans being around them - they often see it as a challenge - but sometimes not.

6 Likes

So basically the doormen of Yellowstone. But what do they charge?

11 Likes
37 Likes

And pretty foul-tempered from all I understand.

2 Likes

An arm and a leg.

4 Likes

“Good luck! shouldn’t have been waving…”

snl-stefon-laughs

12 Likes

I’ve had an up-close encounter with bison. Thankfully, I was in my car. They are HUGE. And they need to bathe more often.

8 Likes

Me too. A herd once blocked the road I was on in South Dakota. The worst thing was my dimwit dog, who decided it would be great to stick her head out the window and bark threateningly at them. I somehow managed to grab her by the collar and drag her down to seat level before the guy she was barking at figured out the source of the challenge.

11 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Smart guy. Much smarter than the people who get close to bison, thinking they are complacent, wooly cattle.

14 Likes

I was curious if the reporter had any experience with bison. He’s from Baltimore, so this might have been a first encounter.

7 Likes

He handled it like a pro!
No attempt to get dangerously close to them or treat them like pets.

9 Likes

Even tho he had a big fancy camera.

4 Likes

I came for this. Was not disappoint!
Shonen Knife FTW!

3 Likes

who themselves are not necessarily so (complacent). My sister once jumped a fence to go pet a bull…found out the hard way; fortunately she ran a lot of track in those days :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What overreaction? If bison are headed toward you, then GTFO!

3 Likes