Bison scares the heck out of a reporter

Smart guy. Much smarter than the people who get close to bison, thinking they are complacent, wooly cattle.

14 Likes

I was curious if the reporter had any experience with bison. He’s from Baltimore, so this might have been a first encounter.

7 Likes

He handled it like a pro!
No attempt to get dangerously close to them or treat them like pets.

9 Likes

Even tho he had a big fancy camera.

4 Likes

I came for this. Was not disappoint!
Shonen Knife FTW!

3 Likes

who themselves are not necessarily so (complacent). My sister once jumped a fence to go pet a bull…found out the hard way; fortunately she ran a lot of track in those days :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What overreaction? If bison are headed toward you, then GTFO!

3 Likes

I think it was a bigger reaction than i would’ve given, just move away. Its not like they were charging him so he had plenty of time to distance himself, but i did commend him for taking the bison seriously. I’ve been to a number of places where i witnessed hikers/tourists disregard their safety when it came to wild animals and i always expect something to go horribly wrong. The worst one i saw were a big group of hikers bum rush a herd of wild mustangs to take uncomfortably close pictures and i was surprised the stallion didn’t go berzerk :frowning:

5 Likes

He literally noped the hell out of there.

7 Likes

Can confirm; that was an “Aw, hell NAH!” in live time.

ETA:

And of course somebody already made it into a meme:

I fluv the internet sometimes…

23 Likes

I remember this episode. This girl was very lucky. The bison looks like a bulldozer charging in her direction.

3 Likes

I was amazed that it took so long for someone to link to this song. I would very much like them to come and play in my country.

2 Likes

i knew someone had to be on top of this. and thus, a new side-eye GIF is born, too…

8 Likes

Aww, I wish I had more 'Shop-fu, I would roto the background out for maximum meme-ability.

5 Likes

He has been in Montana for 2 years, and it was not his first trip to Yellowstone.

As a Montana native, critiquing his performance, it was flawless. When bison look like they are taking an interest in you, and headed for you … GTFO.

6 Likes
5 Likes

That is a smart man. Bison are not to be messed with.

6 Likes

Need one of these that replaces the background with one of Trump’s press briefings.

4 Likes

That’s amazing

This is a lot like how house cats mate. The female will stick her tail up in the air and meowr seductively at her suitors. One of the males will cautiously try to mount, but more often than not be greeted with the female quickly swinging around with a big THWAP. And then the dance goes on. It’s kinda funny, if noisy.

2 Likes