Bizarre news feeding frenzy erupts inside San Bernadino terror shooters' former home

Did you ever see the movie Man Bites Dog?

The film follows a crew of filmmakers following a serial killer, recording his horrific crimes for a documentary they are producing. At first dispassionate observers, they find themselves caught up in the increasingly chaotic and nihilistic violence

Things can always get worse. :unamused:

3 Likes
7 Likes

Between this and that debate debacle, MSNBC should just close up shop. They are an embarrassment. And I say this as a liberal. I don’t care that FOX embarrasses the hell out of conservatives, but I don’t like MSNBC making “libtards” into a description rather than a childish epithet.

3 Likes

It’s what they want, to be famous, to gain notoriety any way they can, to be queens and wave at the masses. But we CAN’T.STOP.WATCHING.

I thought it was bad enough when the Sky News reporter sifted through victims’ luggage after the MH17 crash. This is unreal. You’d hope that at least one person in the bunch would have considered the risk of contaminating a crime scene.

1 Like

Yea, I actually saw that in the theater when it came out. Forgot about it.
Well, there are always new lows for the cable news stations.

4 Likes

14 Likes

The Law Nerd part of me wonders how illegal it actually is. Did the landlord have the right to let anyone into the home? Is it illegal to broadcast personal information like that? The Mind wonders!

Also, goddamn it, media shitholes.

Surprised much?

As long as people will watch, this will keep happening. History shows there are always enough people who want to watch.

1 Like

Crime scene! Evidence! How will they prosecute those dead perpetrators now?

1 Like

What if there were other people involved? Trace evidence could link them to the apartment.

3 Likes

They should board it up forever, like the pyramids. And store grain inside.

10 Likes

I suspect not. I think they’d have to give notice to the tenants (or in this case, their executor)

Under Civil Code 1954, the landlord may enter your unit without your permission ONLY:
(1) in an emergency, like a fire or broken pipe, or
(2) upon reasonable advance notice, and then ONLY:
(A) to inspect, repair, or show the apartment,
(B) during normal business hours
(C) 24 hours is presumed to be sufficient notice
(D) You do not have to be home when they come, but the landlord is liable for anything stolen or broken.
(E) The notice must identify a date and reasonable time range within which the entry will occur
(F) The notice MUST be written (not oral or e-mail), except if a WRITTEN notice that realtors will be showing the property is given, for the next 120 days only an oral telephonic 24 hour notice is required
(G) The right of entry can’t be “abused”, so that an open house, lock box, extended repair, daily entry, or excessive range of entry time are probably all “abuses” which you have the legal right to prevent.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/landlord-rights-event-tenants-death-42994.html

Lease Agreement
If the deceased tenant had a lease agreement for a specified term, the tenancy continues to the end, even though the tenant is dead. Responsibility for the lease agreement passes to the deceased tenant’s executor as named by the court. If the tenant had a month-to-month lease agreement, notice of the tenant’s death acts as the end of the lease, and the executor’s responsibility ends 30 days after the tenant last paid rent. For example, if the tenant last paid rent on April 5, then died on April 20, the rental agreement ends on May 5. Lease agreements cannot pass onto survivors, according to California law.

8 Likes

I have to let the media in - it is a media emergency

2 Likes

At times like this, Xeni, you must just feel so proud to be a journalist, eh?

1 Like

The problem with that cartoon is that almost none of these people were diagnosed with mental illness, so calling them ‘nuts’ unfairly lumps them in with nonviolent mentally ill people, which is the vast majority of them. Mentally ill people are actually more likely than average to be victims of violence, rather than causing it.

Until an actual diagnosis of mental illness surfaces, we should assume that the perpetrators of these acts are not mentally ill, as the majority of people are not. In most cases, the problem is not the functioning of their brains but the ideas and ideologies with which their brains have been indoctrinated.

6 Likes

I was hoping at some point they might say “and here’s some red meat!!” at which point the reporters all start snarling and tearing at it like wild dogs.

4 Likes

I stopped watching TV news back in the 1990’s-2000’s sometime, when that serious-looking older woman (forget her name) on CNN Headline News was dumped in favor of Entertainment Tonight-like young airheads, and started showing basically Entertainment Tonight news instead of news. I suspect things have gotten much worse, but I don’t want to find out.

don’t forget their orphaned kid, too!

1 Like

CNN?

Shouldn’t they be covering the search for Flight MH370?

Do your duty CNN!