Bizarre snake with green fur found in Thailand, looks like a feather boa

Originally published at: Bizarre snake with green fur found in Thailand, looks like a feather boa | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I’ll never trust Christmas garland again. Also Thai Fur Snake sounds like a horrible euphemism.

25 Likes

The elusive feather boa, long thought to have been hunted to extinction. Does this mean there may still be naugas in the wild?

37 Likes

That’s a Dragon Penis snake, I don’t know why they call it that.

10 Likes

41CixcqrPAL._AC_SY450_1

37 Likes

Well, great. Looks like Quetzalcoatl is back to take his rightful place as ruler of the world. Not the worst kind of apocalypse.

32 Likes

Anyone know the initial music / prayer call?

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of snakes - that one in particular.

2 Likes

The substantial decrease in demand for Naugahyde furniture since the 70s and 80s has allowed the population to recover somewhat. Deep in the Louisiana bayous is where you’ll find most of them.

Pray that Naugahyde fashion remains out of favor; I don’t think the naugas could handle another fad. Do you know how many of those little guys it takes to make a sofa?!

19 Likes

It’s all fun and games…

31 Likes

They take their crocquet pretty seriously.

10 Likes

I remember seeing this commercial as a kid and wanting a Squirmles so badly! I eventually did get one, probably at a school fair, and was completely underwhelmed by it. I can’t believe they actually aired TV commercials for something so cheap and gimmicky.

8 Likes

Or a snake in ghillie suit.

11 Likes

Genuine artificial naugas. Isn’t that a creature in the wasteland in fallout 4?

4 Likes

Looks like Hogwarts consolidated Slytherin and Hufflepuff into a single house.

5 Likes

7 Likes

I thought it was some sort of sea worm, maybe even a funky bristle worm, until I saw the tongue flick.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I stay off Tinder…

3 Likes

Quetzalcoatl is definitely one of the nicer Mesoamerican deities, so I for one welcome our feathered serpent overlord…

If that’s a ōllamalīztli depiction, they did take it pretty seriously. Though more of a basketball/racquetball hybrid, if it involved a 9 pound solid rubber ball that you sometimes bounced off your body and the game ended in decapitation…

Yeah, the still image looks exactly like the kind of “hairs” you see on a bristle or scale worm (though they don’t completely cover it like this); when it moves, you can see how it’s soft algae strands, however.

5 Likes

Naugas have casters instead of hooves.

9 Likes