What would snakes look like if they were fluffy?

Originally published at: What would snakes look like if they were fluffy? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I think they would look better with feathers…

Star Trek Dragon GIF

14 Likes

This is pretty much what midjourney’s opinion was when I tried to make our own pic for the post. No matter what the prompt, it was vaguely feathers.

4 Likes

That Midjourney result is faaar cuter than the ones in the Instagram feed, though. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Clearly pro Quetzalcoatl biased!

5 Likes

Biologically speaking: if they had hair, we as mammals had a slight problem with our primal fears, I guess.

2 Likes

Wasn’t this figured out in the seventies?

10 Likes

Yeah, that first image of the orange snake immediately made me think “Squirmle!” (I never could get those damn things to work properly as a kid. So frustrating. :smiley: )

4 Likes

Stoats are already a thing, you know…

14 Likes

Like very long, very thin cats. That’s what they would look like.

5 Likes

My immediate thought was “a ferret with no legs”. It seems like mammals that need them though. Reptiles have snakes, amphibians have caecilians, and fish have eels (which have lost some or all of the corresponding fins, anyway). Sea mammals like whales have lost the back pair but that’s it.

4 Likes

Ah, a new name for AI “Art”.

2 Likes

They would look like the best draught excluders.

7 Likes

They can occasionally be found in the wild.

13 Likes

They would look like a boa – but not as constricting.

6 Likes

An old teacher of mine claimed to have seen a furry snake once, somewhere in South America. Now I know it’s not true, there’s no way he could have resisted adopting it.

4 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

4 Likes

A feathered boa? How novel!

3 Likes

IKEA’s got you fam

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.