Black art student with glue gun mistakenly thought to be dangerous, caused 4-hour lockdown at university

Hey, glue guns can be dangerous. They get really hot. Not quite “melt steel beams” hot but hot enough to burn your fingers. That hot glue can also really hurt if it gets on you.

Seems like a proportional response to the inherent dangers here.

3 Likes

As ridiculous as that may sound…

Unfortunately it didn’t sound ridiculous, or surprising, just sad.

3 Likes

They don’t even taste like gum, man.

7 Likes

Well, there goes my 9/11 conspiracy theory. Thanks a lot.

8 Likes

You mean to tell me I’ve binge-watched this entire series before you’ve even heard of it?

It’s seriously worth checking out. You’ll love it.

7 Likes

I can’t imagine what they’d do if he’d had my light-saber umbrella. /s

3 Likes

The police need to be beat with clue sticks, too.

2 Likes

You shut your mouth.

2 Likes

50 posts in and no one’s done any of this. What am I gonna do with my afternoon now???

5 Likes

Don’t jinx it. It will attract them.

6 Likes

If you post it, trolls will come…

8 Likes

9 Likes

I begin to regret missing the comet.

1 Like

Looking at the title, I just spent more time than I should have trying to figure out what meant by “black art”.

2 Likes

Try deviantart.com. It’s all over.

5 Likes

If I read the headline correctly, we are talking about a student of the black arts.

Maybe not yet a master, but still dangerous.

4 Likes

I love a lot of British humor, but I can’t see the humor in that bit… Would explanation kill it?

1 Like

Because even if they were really carrying a big gun instead of a tripod (or a glue gun), this would have been illegal somehow? People being armed isn’t a crime in itself. And when people call cops, they send yet more armed people.

Since police pad out their budgets by responding to even frivolous calls, they have no incentive to limit response to actual crimes rather than random suspicions.

1 Like

I’m laughing because as of now, true to life, breasts has the most views and motorcycles are ignored.

3 Likes