Black truffles contain 'bliss molecules' not unlike those found in cannabis

2 Likes

The partyā€™s always better if you bring along a fungi.

ā€¦Iā€™ll show myself out.

4 Likes

I am TOTALLY the same way. Itā€™s a fucking arthropod. Itā€™s just bigger and lives in the sea. They even call some crabs SPIDER crabs, for godā€™s sake.

1 Like

Express delivery from the realm of nightmares just dropped this off (though with enough butter Iā€™m sure it would be delish).

http://damn.com/assets/giant-spider-crab.jpg

3 Likes

If youā€™re not going to eat that tarantula, could you pass it my way?

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yes, but itā€™s an arthropod thatā€™s delicious when cooked properly and served with clarified butter.

1 Like

ā€œHey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but Iā€™d never know 'cause I wouldnā€™t eat the filthy motherfucker.ā€

3 Likes

They SHED THEIR SKIN and leave this nasty looking hollow exo-suit. Fry that shit upā€¦

Eh, more tasty tasty ocean bugs for the rest of us, then.

Off topicā€“when looking for a Unicorn Chaser image, donā€™t actually google Unicorn Chaser and view the images. More Unicorn Chasers are required after doing just that.

4 Likes

testing this morning, silkox?

In my defense, the Italian authors of the linked paper simply suggest
that the presence of an endocannabinoid synthesis (ECS) pathway leading
to anandamide, which is a human endocannabinoid, ā€œmight be an ancient
attractant to truffle eaters, that are well-equipped with
endocannabinoid-binding receptors.ā€

Thatā€™s not in your ā€œdefenseā€. Since itā€™s you further RESTATING what someone else has said, and adding incorrect assumptions so as to misrepresent their conclusion, and then attempt to mock THEIR misunderstanding. If you were speaking in your defense, youā€™d be talking about yourself, and what you did, rather than speaking about others and what they have done.

The willpower involved in your misunderstanding is amazing me here. I only wish to help.

But all means, if you wish to reply, be sure to make this about me, personally, by name, and and then misrepresent my position to others and me (to defend yourself, of course) rather than considering what I am saying about the apparent double meanings of your statementsā€¦ and just agreeing where you agree, disagreeing respectfully where you disagree. I only think you might do this, next, as reply. It would fit a pattern. I suspect you would make this about me, rather than even acknowledge a single point I made about how you have treated other peoples ideas but complained when yours are treated as roughly. Iā€™m getting a real sense youā€™re deigning to talk to people here. I could be wrong, but If I admitted so, the next sentence out of my mouth would be about how I was wrong, not about how someone else was.

1 Like

I think you may misunderstand my response, and I have no idea how to reply without further offending you. Iā€™m sorry.

1 Like

Never watched Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern? There are people who eat spiders.

Actually I get the impression that if itā€™s alive and not toxic thereā€™s a culture somewhere on Earth that eats it.

2 Likes

Not only eats itā€¦but probably considers it a delicacy! Wellā€¦at least for things that are easy to catch, rather than say deep water weird thingsā€¦ :slight_smile: Thoughā€¦if they WERE easier to get and non-toxicā€¦theyā€™d be eaten too!

There are some REALLY odd and disgusting things out thereā€¦some taste GREAT if you can get over the smell!

1 Like

This makes intuitive sense, actually. Plenty of fungi live on/in the human body, flowering plants donā€™t (unless you get a bean stuck up your nose and it sprouts and then thereā€™s a page about you on Snopes.)

under-rated post

1 Like

Just consult the medical literature for details. Or Jeff VanderMeer for improved and superior details that might be slightly less clinically relevantā€¦

2 Likes

The fact that they make the same compounds is not evidence they are closely related. After all, plants make serotonin.

BTW, even in 2004 there has been evidence Plantae split before fungi. So while we are talking meeeellions of years, I didnā€™t think the idea that mammals are closer to fungi than plants was controversial.