This tropical mushroom gives women spontaneous orgasms from sniffing it

[Read the post]

1 Like

eta: Is it coincidence that the genus is called Phallus?

16 Likes

Iā€™m willing to volunteer to be a test subject. For science!

42 Likes

Iā€™m seeing a market for edible powder which could be sprinkled on a certain male body part for the ultimate double-win.

16 Likes

You wonā€™t believe this ONE WEIRD TRICK! Doctors hate us!

35 Likes

Where can I buy this particular mushroom. willing to pay nearly ANY price including giving up my 3 children.

10 Likes

Iā€™ma get some of this, dress up in a mask and cape, and run around The Big City jumping out from corners and throwing it in peopleā€™s faces.

Not sure if that makes me a villain or a hero, but Iā€™m willing to find out if you are, America!

17 Likes

Orgazmo can be real!

8 Likes

First time Iā€™ve regretted being allergic to mushrooms.

9 Likes

My first thought would be to question the reliability of this International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. It sounds like an august institution of independent study lacking any kind of vested interest in promoting the cultivation and sale of mushrooms. But not really.

11 Likes

Iā€™d volunteer, too, but Iā€™d bet good money that Iā€™ll be in the ā€œdoes nothingā€ camp that 2/3 of their test group were in.

Iā€™m not allowed to have nice things.:disappointed:

14 Likes

?? The real WHY question here is WHY is there no Amazon affiliate link in this article to hasten my purchase of this which I will rub all over me?

22 Likes

Though every article Iā€™ve seen about this has photos of entirely different looking fungi.

6 Likes

Spontaneous orgasms sound fun, but just wait until someone decides to put a couple pounds of this in the air ducts of a major building. Or build it into a spray.

12 Likes

According to the German WP (only a offline reference) the impact factor is rather lowish: In the cat pharmacy 218. out of 254, for mycology 22. out of 24 magazines. But the Web of Science lists the magazine, so the bullshit factor is probably not that high :smile:

4 Likes

ā€œa mushroom that grows on lava flowsā€

How about ā€˜a mushroom that grows on cooled lava flowsā€™?

For a minute there I was thinking that the pharmacological effects were far less interesting than how this mushroom grew at all!

And then I checked the Wikipedia articleā€¦

ā€œwhere it grows in woodlands and gardens in rich soil and well-rotted woody materialā€

Ok, a deeper dig gives ā€œforming on lava flows 600ā€“1000 years oldā€. Where there will be rich soil.

11 Likes

How you going to avoid the people with allergies to fungus? (That allergy is typically the anaphylactic kind so maybe orgasmā€¦ maybe death?)

4 Likes

La petite mort?

20 Likes

Damn, score one for the villain campā€¦Iā€™ll have to remember to maniacally laugh about my grand scheme to force the city to its knees one way or another as Batman is punching me with his million-dollar future-gloves and kung-fu fists.

Though either way, Iā€™m pleased at how mythologically consistent this is. I mean, if I was a goddess of volcanoes, I could probably do worse than inspiring a fire below the surfaceā€¦

ā€¦if you know what I meanā€¦

ā€¦(I mean orgasms)

12 Likes

Fortunately, the mushroom itself is already sporting a mask and cape for you to emulate.

5 Likes