Bloomberg quits race, endorses Biden

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/04/bloomberg-quits-race-endorses.html

4 Likes

Not that I’m mad that Bloomberg quit, or anything;

HOLY FUCKSOCKS, I don’t want Biden as the Dem nominee.

46 Likes

“My work here is done.”

pledged to put them to use supporting whomever wins the Democratic Party’s nomination [as long as it’s Biden] to take on President Trump in the general election.

24 Likes

Yeah, everyone’s crawling back toward the center “safe space” because we can’t have any progressive ideas spooking the suburbanites into voting for Der Cheeto. :roll_eyes:

21 Likes

Biden quits race, endorses Biden.

28 Likes

He could have bought Twitter and banned Trump.
He could have bought all of Trump’s debt and then called it in and foreclosed on his properties and removed his name from them.
But no. He spent $500 mil on ads.

50 Likes

$500 MILLION for American Samoa.

I could done that with an ice cream truck.

19 Likes

Well that was a giant dumb waste of his money and everyone else’s time.

14 Likes

This sums up gens y & z’s reaction to the thought that if they’re going to vote this time; they’re going to have to choose between a sociopathic d-list reality tv star who thinks turbines causes cancer, a curmudgeon with a bad ticker who really won’t do all that much to stand up to the NRA even after many years of school shootings or a ageist who’s seems to be incapable of understanding why young people are upset about those shootings and massive student debt who also acts and talks like he smells burnt toast all the time (at 0:27)

8 Likes

He could have just bought American Samoa outright and run his own little fiefdom.

5 Likes

Imma go get a pan of brownies to drown my sorrows for when Warren announces.

6 Likes

“Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is taking a day to assess whether she still has a path to the Democratic nomination after a disappointing Super Tuesday in which she failed to net a substantial delegate haul.”

“Warren flew home to Boston late Tuesday, after a Detroit rally. She has no public events scheduled for the day. A senior campaign official told The Hill she would meet with staff to gauge her remaining chances.” -TheHill

Sigh

20 Likes

Indeed. He got in because a) he’s always wanted to and b) it looked like Biden might actually lose to Warren or Sanders, which he didn’t want. Now that it looks like he’s out and Biden is in, Bloomberg is not stupid enough to fall for the sunk cost fallacy.

Personally, I hope Warren stays in even if she has no chance. It’s better for her to show up at the convention with a pile of delegates, if no one has a majority she has some influence in the outcome.

17 Likes

I’d love for her to be able to do that, but how can she pick up any delegates at all at this point? Those votes for Warren only benefit Biden at this point, so I don’t see any meaningful number of people voting for(or donating to, which is equally important) at this point. As much as it pains me to say.

5 Likes

they were presented with the choice: tract home or gulag?

the people have spoken.

After spending more than $500m on

That $500+ Million he spent, that’s US tax payer money he got from tRump’s tax cut for the 1%!
Not his cash, your’s and mine…

FACT!

21 Likes

19 Likes

Is there any scenario in which we can still get a candidate who isn’t beholden to billionaires?

10 Likes

Pity so many young people apparently bought into the self-fulfilling prophecy that their votes didn’t matter. (I’m not sure why the headline here calls them “young voters” when they clearly didn’t vote.)

17 Likes

I mean, at least it took some money from a rich dude and put it in circulation?

7 Likes