Bluetooth bookshelf speakers with great midrange

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/09/bluetooth-bookshelf-speakers-w.html

1 Like

Nice.

I have these powered speakers paired with a similarly branded SW and they sound great together!

2 Likes

I use the speakers via Bluetooth. I am trying to avoid wires for now. That’ll likely come back to haunt me.

Bluetooth is a horrorshow of compression. You might hook up wires temporarily and do an A-B comparison of the two modes.

1 Like

Those are my flavor as well.

1 Like

Had a cheap 2.1 sound system for my computer, then I moved into a small apartment and subwoofers are a no go since the walls and floors were seemingly built with paper. I couldn’t turn the volume up enough to hear voices without the “boomy” sub rattling away under the desk. I picked up some Edifier Monitors a year ago on the black Friday and I absolutely love them. I can listen to music in my apartment again without neighbors complaining.

1 Like

I have a pair of these and they’re pretty great. I’m not a soundsperson but I’m pretty happy with them.

1 Like

Great midrange means old and hearing failing in the long tail end of the spectrum, I imagine. I say that as sort of your contemporary.

I find that close miked male voices are a challenge for any poorly designed speaker.

1 Like

damn. gotta git me a pair.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.