BMW driver gets angry when car in front lets school bus turn in, then rams the bus

I’ll gladly admit to that and there would have also been hilarious laughter in my recording.

4 Likes

That happened to me last week. What was really unusual about it was that the driver was clearly distraught and apologetic. I’m used to the driver in that situation flipping me off and honking at me for…I’m not even sure. Daring to occupy the space they wanted to occupy? Maybe we can blame the educational system for inadequately emphasizing the Pauli Exclusion Principle?

3 Likes

I looked at a used late-model BMW recently and it had all the signs of having been owned by a careless driver: numerous dings on the bumpers, an area that was touched up with mismatched spray paint, cigarette burns in the seat, the cover for the front tow hook was missing (which obviously meant that the car had to be towed away at some point). I passed on this one and then eventually skipped BMWs altogether when I discovered that they no longer have oil dipsticks. The driver is expected to rely on an electronic warning light when the oil is low. I don’t like that. I picked up an Audi instead.

3 Likes

It’s not that you’re all arseholes, it’s that if an arsehole is driving he’s more likely (at least in my city) to be in a BMW or a Mercedes. See also Republicans and racists.

5 Likes

It’s the lack of a spare in many new cars that I can’t abide by. Just a doughnut spare is bad enough, but NO spare? No sale.

6 Likes

You can view the oil level through a menu- not just the low warning. Our Renault Van has a digital as well as the traditional dipstick.

BMW have gone to shit since Ford took control.

1 Like

I’m ever bemused at the different treatment I get in each of our three vehicles. On my bike, I may as well be invisible, and every mile is an exercise in avoiding homicidal maniacs. In my '78 Volvo, it’s even money if compacts will get aggressive, but Beamers, Mercs and SUVs try to roll over and through almost to a vehicle. In my wife’s black Tacoma, even though it’s one of the older Tacos and not that big compared to today’s ridiculous trucks, I almost never have a problem. The irony is that, although the Taco is probably safer with it’s modern crumple zones, the Volvo is denser and heavier by far, and anyone who hit it would have a much worse time of it than if they hit the pick-up. Then again, for most motorists, their functioning intelligence is inversely proportional to their proximity to their steering wheel.

3 Likes

With one dipstick usually behind the wheel they felt another was redundant.

23 Likes

I’ve got one of those '99 dark green Saturn sedans that were sooo popular. This is a stealth vehicle on par with a Romulan cloaking device, apparently. I can’t even count the number of times I have had people make direct eye contact with me before they immediately pull out right in front of me.

I’m tempted to have my next car be anything that comes in bright yellow or orange paint.

10 Likes

This is what I do when people park like assholes- Because I legitimately do not give a shit about my finish.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5eCEXnXsmkZnRwTHZMN3FmMGM/view?usp=sharing

7 Likes

Have they quit showing this in Driver’s Ed?

10 Likes

In the LA area, by any chance? : )

2 Likes

“Where is that bicyclist. I know there must have been one here to cause this. It’s always the biker’s fault. If I had hit that biker, I would have claimed that I didn’t see him. But now that he caused this to happen he just disappeared. They’re sorcerers I tell ya. Pure evil magic!”

2 Likes

“I’m tempted to have my next car be anything that comes in bright yellow or orange paint.”

That ought to be the law anyway. All cars must be painted international orange and you have one year to comply.

Not this?

29 Likes

Nice set of assumptions. You do those things if you are an inconsiderate a-hole. Nobody’s perfect and those rules are there to make up for our human failings. So follow them. Some of us do actually stop at stop signs when nobody else is around. Some of us do use turn signals even when we don’t see anybody else around. Etc.

The guy in this video is exactly the type of egregious, self important a-hole that I expect to drive a BMW. More than 20 years of driving experience informs that opinion. Nobody reasonable and rationale would waste money on a vehicle when better value can be found with other cars. It is like people with a Rolex. A Casio or Seiko maintains better time for orders of magnitude less, but only a special kind of (self) important person spends >$5K for a prestige watch. There are certainly enthusiasts, but I find them to be a minority of owners for some brand names.

6 Likes

Bless your good fortune, but that doesn’t match the experience of the Mercedes car owners I’ve known. Things like a special fan just for a thermometer that sits on a radiator or similar, without which the cooling system won’t work, that costs several hundred to replace.

Best of luck though. : ) And maybe things like that only start kicking in after 100k miles or so.

1 Like

You got it!

2 Likes

I keep seeing Turbo Diesels. Not many of them, mind you, but more often than I see anything else of that vintage.

1 Like