Boanthropy is a rare psychological disorder that causes a human being to believe they are a cow

…a nice shoulder of me braised in a white wine sauce?

Mooo moo moo moo. Moo moooo moo? Moo moo mooo moo moooo. Moo, moo moo moooo moo!

6 Likes

I hear that!

1 Like
4 Likes

The woman in that photo has a kink, not a disorder.

7 Likes

This is, you know, dumb, but in crowded settings I do often look at my fellow persons and think and/or mutter the word “bovine”

Perhaps this person could help. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4S-ThBT3KDDHAMvKw2SQg

"According to Sci Curious, the animals involved in lycanthropy include everything from the obvious (wolf) to the unintentionally hilarious (bee, gerbil).

In their survey of the literature, the authors of this study found many more incidences of people who believed they had been transformed into animals, and which resolved after psychiatric treatment. But what interested the authors of this study were WHAT people generally believed they had turned into. While some people believed they had been turned into gerbils or cows, a surprising number believed they had been turned into wolves, and, as with the case with this woman, snakes."

Links to “Lycanthropy as a culture-bound syndrome: a case report and review of the literature”.

Obligatory Oglaf.

8 Likes

Then there’s Dr. Philanthropy, where you turn into a jackass.

7 Likes

I miss Cow Week on BB.

2 Likes

What is it called when you think you are still POTUS? besides batshit crazy…

5 Likes

It’s a subset of the disorder termed Delusions of Adequacy. He’s had it his whole life.

2 Likes

My partner stumbled across the Rule 34 variation of this a while back. Kinda hard to forget, actually. The search string you want, or don’t as the case may be, is ‘HuCow’. Bonus points if you eventually find the music video.

put a cow in the field and it will eat forever.

Put a cow in heels and it will monetise.

2 Likes

Makes you wonder whether people who have boanthropy run a higher risk of being abducted by aliens.

5 Likes

There has got to be

1. A community on FetLife

2. A burning man camp

And/Or

1. By rule 34, explicit video

concerning this phenomenon.

2 Likes

I remember that scene! It stuck with me even as a kid when I saw it on PBS.

Guy walks into an accountant’s office. The accountant looks up at him, saying, “May I help you?”

“Well, I think I’m a moth.”

This naturally surprises and confuses the accountant. “It sounds like you could use a therapist, not an accountant.”

“I have an appointment with the therapist here, in this building.”

The accountant’s confusion deepens. “It says I’m an accountant right on my door. Why did you come in here?”

“The light was on.”

12 Likes

Soon to be trending on TikTok because everyone “quirky” has it now, probably right next to their anime ‘Alters’

Sounds like bullshit to me.

2 Likes