Body of mysterious fang-toothed, snake-like, eel-like creature identified: it's a fangtooth snake-eel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/14/body-of-mysterious-fang-toothe.html

4 Likes

Oh of course, it was right in front of us the whole time!

6 Likes

How many people did they find inside it?

5 Likes

It’s fangtoothed snake-eels all the way down.

20 Likes

Heresy!

That’s clearly a sandworm from Saturn…

13 Likes

8 Likes

Salty nope rope. Got it.

11 Likes

Not only am I never going into the ocean again, I want to take back every other time I’ve ever gone into the ocean.

16 Likes

Pretty sure that’s a tsuchinoko.

(Wikipedia has it classified as a youkai, but I’m pretty sure it’s a cryptid.)

4 Likes

Yea.

This was in Texas right? I’m starting to think that maybe we should build a wall, but perhaps we should focus on a sea wall.

That thing is fucking creepy.

3 Likes

I sometimes wonder, when our descendants meet real aliens, if anything will horrify us more then the things evolution coughed up on Earth. Luckily my imagination isn’t specific enough to answer.

5 Likes

Its amazing that after a couple of billion years of evolution our planet still contains species which are not particularly good hunters. They just cruise around eating whatever they find and somehow survive.

4 Likes

Hey, you’ve met my cousin Jerry? Say hello to him next time you see him.

5 Likes

Maybe. Or maybe one of the dolphins’ secret biosoldiers went berserk before the transformation could be completed, and made an end run at mankind, their eternal enemy.

3 Likes

Shit I thought maybe Jimmy Hoffa finally washed up.

1 Like

15 Likes

Could it be…? Nessie?

Build a wall, but make Texas and Florida on the other side…

2 Likes

Yeah, build the Ike Dike.

The poor thing, now an ignominious spectacle.

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like