Boebert mad Target is selling clothes designed to fit the people who want to wear them

Originally published at: Boebert mad Target is selling clothes designed to fit the people who want to wear them | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Considering Target was her lux go-to, her stylist(?) may end up scrounging in the kid’s clothes at the local church.

6 Likes

Tonight on Tucker… wait, wut?

13 Likes

I love this. As if any of these christo-fascists ever shop anywhere other than Walmart. Those Faded Glory stonewashed cargo pants tell no lies.

ETA: Thanks to Target for making these clothes readily available to kids. I wouldn’t even know where to begin looking. It must make a massive difference in peoples’ lives to be able to take care of their needs while picking up batteries and milk.

22 Likes

Sorry to be teh stoopid, but I’m finding no explanation of “tuck-friendly” that isn’t dancing around the subject, and I’m not willing to assume. Anyone got a good link?

4 Likes

So everyone should have the right to own a gun, but not the right to choose their own clothing.
Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

17 Likes

You’d think she’d be all in favor of concealed-carry swimwear.

19 Likes
20 Likes

At this point, I’m blue in the face attempting to point out that the self-described party of individual freedom is actually the party of dictating to total strangers, whom they’ve never met and will never meet, how those people will live their lives.

20 Likes

The logic that Target “hates” the proverbial “you” because they’re willing to sell clothes to someone “you” might dislike is so bizarre. I don’t get mad that Giant Eagle is willing to sell lunch meat to fascists. I just do my best to make sure I’m not standing next to them in line when I get my Isaly’s.

20 Likes

Ah, you’re forgetting that they’ve also started arguing transgendered individuals should not own guns! (Can’t find the link, but I remember some conservative idiot tweeting about around the Trans Day of Vengeance.)

8 Likes

18 Likes

She’s 36?!

4 Likes

…and all the Target employees in the cities where she shops heave a massive collective sigh of relief.

But yeah, all those eejits are wallyworld worshipers.

9 Likes

To be fair, nearly everyone hates Boebert. I mean, she’s not imagining it.

15 Likes

So…. Not this kind of tuck?

Tucker Carlson Wtf GIF

8 Likes

Years or IQ points?

8 Likes

They should say the pouch is also a holster to conceal a derringer, and hopefully the cognitive dissonance will be enough to make her need to lie down.

4 Likes

It’s not just that they see they can make more money this way, it’s that they realize it’s worth their time. The scale to mass market purchases like Target makes, especially in rough economic conditions like now, is extremely telling. It means 1) There are enough people who will buy this stuff that it can be profitable 2) Enough people are okay with it that any backlash will be something Target feels they can endure or beat 3) Target does not feel like enough of their core demographic will stop buying from them to be worth worrying about.

What’s nice in this situation is, normally, this stuff cuts against marginalized groups. It’s good to see it working for them for once.

15 Likes

And soon to be a grandmother by her 17 y.o. son having “unchristian” unprotected sex with a precious underage not-quite-adult female.

5 Likes