Boebert used campaign funds to buy drinks at Beetlejuice boyfriend’s gay-friendly bar

Originally published at: Boebert used campaign funds to buy drinks at Beetlejuice boyfriend's gay-friendly bar | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I can’t imagine this is going to make Mr. Gallagher more popular among his clientele but he knew what kind of monster he was fraternizing with.

16 Likes

Boebert’s Beetle Bucks Boondoggle

9 Likes

Them’s rookie numbers. She needs to up that bigly.

10 Likes

What self respecting Democrat would date Lauren Boebart of all people?

9 Likes

Those are some really expensive drinks. “A few” comes to less than $100 in my mind, unless you’re missing a /s

9 Likes

Forget it Jake…it’s Aspen

9 Likes

Once mired under the false perception of exclusivity, the special libations are more accessible to middle-income earners than ever before. Aspen is no exception to the trend; visit just about any restaurant or drinking establishment in town and you’re likely to see a craft-cocktail section on the menu, with average prices running between $12 and $25 per offering.

It may come as a surprise that most of the craft cocktails on 7908’s list don’t carry ritzy price tags. A big spender certainly could go that route, given that the supper club touts two creations — “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World” and “Fontainebleau Royale” — that cost customers $500 and $750, per individual drink. Those figures are based on the prestigious brands at the base of each concoction: Pappy Van Winkle bourbon and Louis XIII cognac for the former and Hennessy Paradis Imperial cognac and King Brut Champagne with the latter.

“Mad, Mad World” and “Fontainebleau” are perhaps the most expensive specialty cocktails that can be found in Aspen. But 7908’s other 14 specialty libations are listed between $15 and $18 each, which places them in line with the craft offerings at many other bars and restaurants around the city.

Aspen is a hole where money goes.

9 Likes

Not quite as bad as Vegas but close. Last time I was there I had two drinks that came to $56 bucks! Not too many locals in Aspen anymore…they can’t afford to live there.

6 Likes

Being a registered Democrat doesn’t automatically mean a person has scruples or ideals. Ivanka Trump was a registered Democrat as recently as 2018.

14 Likes

Senator Menendez attempted to enter the chat but was delayed after stubbing his toe on a small heap of errant gold bars.

7 Likes

joe manchin would also like to have a word or two, i’m sure

9 Likes

Perhaps she’ll open a chain of Handy Beetle Juice Bars one day.

1 Like

I guess is right on the mark for her to date someone so cheap that it makes her pay at his own restaurant.

2 Likes

Beggars belief, basicaly.

3 Likes

Maybe we should introduce Lauren Boebert to Anthony Weiner. :thinking:

6 Likes

Given how much the cost of alcohol varies by location and quality, $300 could represent 100 cheap beers… or one expensive cocktail. I suspect it was more private party (shall we say) than political event, but Boebert’s the kind of classy lady who might have an event where the catering included a few kegs of Miller Lite… (or whatever swill is considered sufficiently heterosexual these days.)

You could replace “Democrat” with “person” and have it still be a valid question. Of course, the answer is, no self-respecting person at all.

1 Like

A Republican politician using campaign funds for their own personal benefit while claiming it was legitimate expenditure? I am shocked - shocked I tell you.
(I’m sure President Trump would never ever do that!)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.