Boko Haram attack in Nigeria kills as many as 100, unknown number of women and children kidnapped

[Read the post]

1 Like

Ted Cruz will carpet bomb them, if he can findā€™emā€¦

1 Like

The Boko Haram are behind some of the most horrible crimes against humanity that, right behind ISIS. And it depresses me terribly to think of the suffering they are causing, i donā€™t really understand why but such is cruelty i suppose. I donā€™t know if itā€™s because i donā€™t watch TV but i get the distinct impression that people are trying real hard to ignore and forget they exist instead of taking any real action. I know iā€™m ignorant of a lot of facts, and iā€™d love to be wrong but thatā€™s the impression i get when i see stuff about them.

14 Likes

It boils down to ā€œno one we know or care about lives there.ā€

It is a stark reminder that real evil still exists in this world and real terror and tradegy are befalling innocent people.

It makes nearly all the problems we have in the US or Europe rather petty by comparison.

14 Likes

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be able to find someone to carpet bomb.

4 Likes

Nigeria doesnā€™t have anything we want. Really, I think itā€™s that simple.

The amount of man-made horror in the world is staggering. We would all remain permanently drunk/high or commit suicide if we truly understood.

6 Likes

Nigeria doesnā€™t have anything we want.

It has oil, the worldā€™s most profitable cybercriminals, and a government whose corruption used to be the benchmark in which we measured all other corrupt nations.

5 Likes

See?

Some simple tradegy or injustice in the US and we get 100+ comments of support, sympathy, and suggestions on what we need to do to prevent it happening again.

Africa = Crickets.

4 Likes

Probably a mix of helplessness and ĪŗĪ¬Ļ„Ī¹ Ļ„ĻĪ­Ļ‡ĪµĪ¹ ĻƒĻ„Ī± Ī³ĻĻ†Ļ„Ī¹ĪŗĪ± (trouble in the gypsy camp), unfortunately.

(sorry, again a Strange Map. kind of XKCD for everything geographical)

7 Likes

I think I get the gist of it, but translation?

1 Like

quick-and-dirty

World Map of Tragedy
How terrible a tragedy is seen by the world

:red_circle: What an awful tragedy!
:yellow_heart: Oh no, how sad. [why do we have a red circle but only a yellow heart?]
:green_book: Well, thatā€™s life [a book? a fucking green book?]
:large_blue_circle: Wait. Thatā€™s a country?
:bread: Meh [No symbol with brown. So hereā€™s a bread]

5 Likes

That about sums it up.

This was the great lesson from the opening of Sam & Max Hit the Road. (queued up to the relevant part at 4:38)

1 Like

On it.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s part of it.

The other part is exemplified in something my dad used to say. ā€œWhen you are confronted by a rattlesnake, you can only kill it, or leave it alone. Thereā€™s no third option.ā€

What about catching it live? Then you can sell it, breed it, or milk it for venomā€¦

1 Like

Catching Boko Haram live would probably cost about 10x as many lives as just killing it, but with that caveat Iā€™ll accept your commentā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.