Bono named in Glamour magazine's Women of the Year list

My brother and his family dressed as power rangers, their family costumes were fantastic. yes i’m braggin because i love them so much. my nephews are so much fun.

12 Likes

It is an honourable mention/separate category, and it’s for men who are notable specifically for supporting women. If the goal is to highlight positive role models, it’s not ridiculous to break down the idea that feminism is a battle of women against men.

7 Likes

Power Rangers go!

Siblings’ kids are awesome…and so much lower maintenance than having children of one’s own! :grinning:

8 Likes

4 Likes

It used to be an old-school European Catholic thing to dress children in long white dresses until their First Communion, and never cut their hair. Somewhere out there, there’s a picture of my grandpa as a kid in a long white dress with long hair.

4 Likes

Considering the slow death of print media, I think they were hoping for some online buzz to boost sales.

“Does Glamour magazine know giving bono the Woman of the year award to trying to undo patriarchy undercuts the entire point of the award.”

Is Glamour magazine undoing the patriarchy? (That’s an actual question.)

Based on nothing more than time spent in the grocery checkout line, I have lumped Glamour into the make-up tips to please your man, fashion tips to please your man, sex tips that will drive your man wild genre.

It would be a pleasant surprise to know that they are fighting the good fight.

1 Like

I guess you just kind of had a target on you, for some mysterious reason.

We’ll probably never know the real reason why.

Because I’m a woman who speaks up? :wink:

6 Likes

Thinking this thread was about last year’s winner perhaps?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.